Cable for JH16 pro FP
Oct 16, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 11
Why are you consider it?  Stock broke? 

Cables cannot make the difference at that length even in theory, let alone in real life listening. One of the factors to consider (the only factor when it comes to what you hear) is resistance but I DOUBT JH didn't make it right for their own IEM since even the 2$ Hama does it right.
And if it is just the looks of the cable than you already found what you are looking for, that Whiplash. Also if the cable is too stiff (and on JH is decent) you might hear some unwanted noise, but that also applies only if the cables go straight down from headphone, but on JH and most other it goes over the ear to secure fit and reduce that noise.

Those cable companies also speak some fairy tales about transparency and even in theory if the signal get 'damaged' (but it won't on 1.2 meter cable, just can't) during it's way to speaker/headphone it wouldn't manifest through clarity or transparency.

I'm sorry if you weren't interested in this kind of replay, but this was just a friendly advice :)

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 11
Sorry for the late reply, thank you so much! Frankly speaking, I wanted to improve my JH16s SQ, thought TWag&au would be a good choice based on other guys comments, but I think your opinion is very pertinent, I would think twice! Again, thank you!nt

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 11
  Sorry for the late reply, thank you so much! Frankly speaking, I wanted to improve my JH16s SQ, thought TWag&au would be a good choice based on other guys comments, but I think your opinion is very pertinent, I would think twice! Again, thank you!nt

Cables don't improve sound.

Depending on what you have the JH16 plugged into, you might be able to try an equalizer to adjust the sound however you want.

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 11
  Yeah, but on the JH official website, JH said the Moon audio cable could improve the sound and transparence, I am really not sure is it a win-win advertisement or for real.

And Audeze recommends 1-4 Watts for the LCD-2 when it really only needs about 50 milliwatts, if that. Sometimes manufacturers give too much credit to all the audiophile voodoo out there.

Also, I current have RWAK100 MK2, do you think it is a good choice for JH16 pro FP? I am also thinking about ibasso DX90...

Just about any portable is fine, as long as you've got low output impedance (seems you do) and you're not getting any hiss. Balanced armature IEMs like yours are extremely sensitive and don't need much power at all.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #10 of 11
  Indeed, I am just think about the sound quality of this two portable DAC, DX90 and RWAK100 MK2.

Guess what? There's not much difference between DAPs either, apart from volume, noise, and output impedance
biggrin.gif

There's actual exceptions here, though, unlike cables. But the two DAPs you're looking at will sound the same, if neither hisses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back