Cable for HD-800s
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

toschek

500+ Head-Fier
Can someone recommend an SE 1/4" replacement cable for the HD800.  OFC or OCC copper and less than $300.   Preferably less than $200.   5 to 6 feet seems ideal for where I sit relative to my amp.   10ft is too long and I have to be all OCD about not rolling over it in my office chair.   I have no issues with the stock cable other than the length.
I know, I know --
deadhorse.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Can someone recommend an SE 1/4" replacement cable for the HD800.  OFC or OCC copper and less than $300.   Preferably less than $200.   5 to 6 feet seems ideal for where I sit relative to my amp.   10ft is too long and I have to be all OCD about not rolling over it in my office chair.   I have no issues with the stock cable other than the length.
I know, I know --
deadhorse.gif

Well, you can always have someone cut down the stock cable to a shorter length and re-terminate, but it's probably wiser to keep the stock cable as is.  Norse has many options for under $300, and BTG has a few for less than $200.  

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I know, I know --
deadhorse.gif

Moon Audio Black Dragon (V2 is the current version). Call/email Drew and he'll make you the length you want. Treat yourself to a Furutech plug if you can swing it. I use a Black Dragon (balanced with my 800s) and love it. I like the black better than the blue dragon. Way better sonics than the stock cable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back