Cable customization advise HD-25-1-II
Oct 23, 2010 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Odrackyir

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I just received a pair of HD 25-1-II, and I'm already planning to customize them. Airbrushing, pad replacing, that stuff.

First thing I want to do is having the cables replaced for a more appealing ones. I already know some good brands, like Cardas, but all the cables I've been able to see till this point don't include any superficially appealing design, what makes me think some magic word is missing from my google search term. A tutorial would be great, in case I've to do the work on my own.

TY!

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 3
http://www.doublehelixcables.com/complement.html

This guy makes extremely sexy cables, the only problem I have with custom cables is that to me the HD25 is a portable can and none of the custom cables are what you'd call portable friendly.

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 3
The Complement is physically big, it isn't portable.  For portable cables it just depends on what shielding and sleeving you use, lots of portable cables out there just go "naked" to make them as small as possible. If companies out there can make IEM-friendly cables, then it is certainly not a big deal for an HD25 cable, you just don't want a cable that's intended for home use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back