Cable created by a newb with utmost passion.
Nov 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mcct93

New Head-Fier
Hello to the community at hi fi, I am Melvin and I stay in Singapore. I was inspired by all the custom lods and interconnects created by forumers and thus one day i decided to make my own ! I did a lot of research and went down to a local hardware store and brought a hella lot of things and started my DIY journey there. However things did not went on smoothly from there on, i failed alots of times and wasted $40 worth of materials. This definitely made me an angry man after repeated visits and tries to perfect the soldering technique.

After I was successful in making my first one, I grabbed my savings and went to the hardware store to get more goodies. They sound great!

Here are the pics:

I used 99.99 Oxgen free Copper and neutriks plug. Bass improved when i used it. I got too excited and made more than what i need. So if anyone wants it, i can "give" them to you. I will only ask for the cost of the materials and shipping. You can email me @  Mcct_93@hotmail.com or pm me.

They were braided and enclosed in a heat shrink to ensure durability.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 14
Good start!  There's a ton of different sleeving types, plugs, and wire out there to play with...keep at it!  Certainly if you start using Cardas solder and some liquid flux (to make solder stick to things better) you'll find you can solder faster and more painlessly.  The first few cables are always the most work...

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 14
Question, How long does copper wire with exposed ends (until the connectors are soldered on) stay  99.99 Oxygen free Copper???  ( hint, not for long )        Nice job on your cables, keep up the cable work! you'll save youself some $$$$$

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 14
There are those that would dissuade from wasting your money and time. I say, good for you to pick up a challenge and do it. Best lessons are those discovered while exploring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back