Cable Challenge for Those Who Think They Are Cable Build Masters!
Jul 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dpmalito

Head-Fier
Ok, you cable builders out there, get this! I will gladly pay anyone who can successfully build this cable:

I have an external DAC for my iPhone 5.  Right now, I use a custom 1-inch Lighting->USB cable when I am on the go to feed the digital sound out to the DAC (Sony PHA-1).

Now, the only bad part is that even though I can charge the Sony PHA-1 when I am using it in the car, I CANNOT CHARGE THE iPhone! 

What I need is a Lighting -> 2x USB cable BUT (big but here so pay attention), as I said BUT, One of the USB male plugs has to be for Digital Sound out and the OTHER USB MALE plug should be longer and be usable for power, so that I can charge the iPhone and use the digital out at the SAME TIME.

Everyone understand what I need?

Basically I need a cable that splits the lighting out on the iPhone5 to Digital sound out AND USB power, BUT The power shouldn't be able to charge into the device hooked up for the digital sound out.  Frankly, I'm sure there's some way to block it, I just don't have a clue how.

SO, experts, what do you think.. can anyone build it??

AS I said, I'll Pay, but also I am interested to see what our brains can come up with here!

Good luck!

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 2
So it sounds like if you could use an adapter or splice to a lightning connector this is the kind of cable you are talking about.

http://www.ifi-audio.com/en/Gemini.html

I hope that helps.

Hi-Five

Users who are viewing this thread

Back