Cable Between DAC and Amp
Dec 17, 2016 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lac29

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm trying a new setup with JBL LRS305 (active speakers), HD800, and Schiit Gungnir (NOT multibit, USB), and Schiit Mjolnir (1st gen). I want to be able to connect both my speakers and headphones into this Schiit stack and be able to switch between the two.

I already have my PC -> (usb) -> Schiit Gungnir -> (XLR cables) -> LRS30 and it works fine.

I'm wondering how to connect my Schiit Mjolnir to my Gungnir with the Gungnir -> (4 pin balanced cable) -> HD800. Since the XLR balanced output is already taken up by my speakers that means my only option to connect my Gungnir to Mjolnir is through the single-ended (SE) RCA cable route right? 

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Yes, unless you invest in an XLR switcher.

I use a Pro Co. Switch Witch: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SwitchWitch

That way I have

PC -> Gungnir
Gungnir RCA -> Gilmore Lite -> HP
Gungnir RCA -> M3 -> HP
Gungnir XLR -> Switch Witch
Switch Witch -> BHA-1
Switch Witch -> Taurus MKII
Switch Witch -> JBL M-Patch 2 -> Focal CMS 65

All at the same time with independent volume control

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 4
Damn, so I can't go balanced with both  speakers and headphones using this setup. 

Thanks for the info. I just with that SwitchWitch was a little cheaper ... something more in the $100 range would be ideal. I guess I will just have to settle with the single-ended route into my HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back