CA- Venice meet at our beach Home again....The last time was fun.
May 10, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #151 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What was the amp you had there with the variable output impedance selector?  Who's making that?

I had two amps, and both had variable impedance outputs. One was a prototype tube headphone/preamp from Music Reference(Roger Modjeski), and the other was the Blue Circle Hat Peed Thingee with cap pack.

nr3rdling, the DAC was the Violectric V800.

May 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #153 of 153
Reviving an old thread..

I will be at the Newport Hilton all this weekend tuning rooms and systems for Chapman loudspeakers and a few other manufacturers of DACs and Amps.

I hope some of you can come down May 30th, 31st and June 1st... and listen to some of the portable DAC/Amps like the Sony PHA-2 and the ADL-X1 and the Fostex and others..I need some advice for what I should definitely not miss. There is some amazing gear to be heard here- I have the low down on a lot of new cool stuff.

I did a decent job with the room last year despite having the speaker in the line which was the oldest to work with... at least TAS liked it :

The Absolute Sound issue 226 October 2013 said of last Years Newport Beach Audiophile show- the largest and best in the USA. 

“ Chapman’s T-7 floorstander ($12,000 per pair) offered a neutral, fatigue-free sound that invites and rewards long term listening (and boasts greater resolution). Initally there was a little of what you would call “impressive” until you soon became aware you were not listening for sound, you were listening to the music and didn’t want to leave. (Kudos to John Gilmour for a set up that managed to sound good in a room type and size that defeated most)”

Also......

I was thinking of organizing a larger Headphone meet. 

I want the goal of this meet to be simple... yet two fold.

The goal is to make assembling and trying new systems easier for those people who are interested in making a decision at a meet to make a change in their rig and purchase something...ANYTHING.......And to make it easier to sell whatever stuff you are no longer using to be able to afford the new stuff.

Simple right? Effective right? Sales of gear will help lower the cost of the venue to make it affordable for everyone. And to add an incentive to vendors and attendance- I will try and push through a show discount on the sales of all new gear.

We also want to have a photo booth so we can show pictures of people who are listening to their new rigs- for impressions after the show.

I have a totally luxed out setting in mind that we can all be in clear sight of  ALL OF OUR GEAR at all times..with door security. Close access to the beach, shopping and food!

There will be  Vendor staging..the whole nine yards...

Please give me some feedback as to what a meet has accomplished for you and what you WISH a meet would accomplish for you. PM me if you like. if there is enough significant content- I will start a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back