C751 - Right ear quiet?
Oct 30, 2008 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

blaizefm

Head-Fier
Hi All

I recently bought a set of Denon C751 headphones (and you gotta love that bass...) and although I'm loving them I noticed recently that the right speaker is notably quieter than the left.

The difference is a little hard to quantify but I'd say it between a third and half the volume. It's created this weird spatial effect where the music is centred on the left hand side of my head.

As the effect is sometimes quite subtle I didn't notice it at first, but after a few weeks of ownership it's very obvious.

I've done the obvious: i.e. switched ears (not literally, but you get my meaning) and adjusted fitting &c. Looking at the filter I can't see any obvious blocking.

I think my only option might be to contact Denon. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Cheers

PS - this is my first post after much lurking. Thanks to this site I've invested in a set of Denon D2000s and a Nuforce Icon 1. Oh, and the C751s
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 3
Turns out to be a hardware fault. iHeadphones replaced under warranty - I now have balanced audio.

I do like these headphones. However whilst they were returned I picked up my Senn CX300 'phones as interim audio work goodness. I'm surprised how good they are for the price (£15 or thereabouts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back