C710 upgrade to tf10, is it worth it?
Nov 20, 2011 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

yyyyyyexe963

New Head-Fier
So I'm thinking about upgrading my C710 to tf10, mainly because it's on sale, but I'm not sure if I'll like the SQ or not
what I want from my C710 upgrade is
better bass quality
more sound stage
better separation
more forward vocal
and overall brighter presentation
I listen to a lot of trance, house, Kpop, Cpop, rock, and sometime jazz, blues, and classical when I want to take a rest and enjoy those quiet moments.

or should I be looking at something else, since I see a lot of recommendation toward other iems
feel free to comment if you have any recommendation, but my budget is only 200USD

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 16
I have both the denons and the TF10. I can say that the TF10 are an upgrade to the C710 in every way except bass (quantity especially). But you should about bad fitment issues and the cable may be the only cable in existence worse than the c710 cable.

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
thx for the quick reply, doing some research now, lots of people mention these iems tends to be neutral, it'll be very interesting to heard others opinion too

oh, if the iems i recommended aren't bassy enough for you, the TF10 is definitely not for you as well, 

Check out the Radius DDM and DDM2 (TWF21 and TWF11) or Future Sonic Atrios M5

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 16

Quote:
oh, if the iems i recommended aren't bassy enough for you, the TF10 is definitely not for you as well, 

Check out the Radius DDM and DDM2 (TWF21 and TWF11) or Future Sonic Atrios M5

I'm not saying they're not bassy, I'm just not sure what each people mean by neutral, I need to read more comparison before making decision

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 16
I listen to the same type of music as you, and my GR07 is perfect for me,

I wouldn't call my GR07s bassy, the GR07s are just warm.

But there is enough bass for me to put my EQ as flat.

I'm a BIT of a basshead, i just like warm sound

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
I listen to the same type of music as you, and my GR07 is perfect for me,

I wouldn't call my GR07s bassy, the GR07s are just warm.

But there is enough bass for me to put my EQ as flat.

I'm a BIT of a basshead, i just like warm sound

hmm, that's interesting, since I don't consider myself as a basshead, now I wonder how bassy they are....

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #10 of 16
apparently, the newer GR07s (the ones I've got) are bassier than the older ones according to the GR07 Impressions Thread (which I've been following for a while) but its not confirmed yet.

I went from the Hippo VB, which is VERY VERY bassy to the GR07s, i was really worried that the GR07s might not be bassy enough. But I absolutely love it.

I was exactly like you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/574369/should-i-get-the-gr07-just-one-last-check#post_7798948 that thread should help you

alv4426 helped me choose as well, (a late) thanks!!

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
apparently, the newer GR07s (the ones I've got) are bassier than the older ones according to the GR07 Impressions Thread (which I've been following for a while) but its not confirmed yet.

I went from the Hippo VB, which is VERY VERY bassy to the GR07s, i was really worried that the GR07s might not be bassy enough. But I absolutely love it.

I was exactly like you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/574369/should-i-get-the-gr07-just-one-last-check#post_7798948 that thread should help you

alv4426 helped me choose as well, (a late) thanks!!

thanks for the reply, very helpful, I'm sliding a bit toward the GR07 now lol

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
I have both the denons and the TF10. I can say that the TF10 are an upgrade to the C710 in every way except bass (quantity especially). But you should about bad fitment issues and the cable may be the only cable in existence worse than the c710 cable.

really? the cable on the C710 is the skinniest and shortest I've ever seen, how could it be even worse....
So the bass for the TF10, compare to C710, actually got reduced? wow...

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #15 of 16
c710 if is a 6 for you then you are a basshead, and a pretty big one at that. On quantity/impact the TF10 is gonna be like a 3.5/4 then and on quality like .30 less than the c710 maybe. As for the cable yea its worse fit wise cause its just terrible at keeping  an already bad fitting IEM in place and comfortable. But I believe it can take more abuse and is the perfect length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back