C3 Pro or JH-5...
Dec 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JCYC5

100+ Head-Fier
I know it's likely that no one has had both, but which of the two would you go for and why?

I'm leaning more towards the C3s right now, just because they have the triple drivers and I've heard any people state that they are a poor man's version of the UE11s.

The company behind the JH-5 just seems more reputable though.

It's a toughy. But I'm coming out of HF2 and E500s...

Will only be used with a unamped iPhone.
jecklinsmile.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 11
I've seen a lot of mixed info around here on the Alien Ears C3. I personally would go with the JH-5, though I've heard neither. Many people are satisfied with the JH-5s, which is mostly what pushes me in that direction.

Just remember that more drivers doesn't always mean better sound.

Dec 17, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 11
at first i wasn't ecstatic with how my C3 pros sounded, but after a month of letting my ears adjust to them (they were my first customs), they sounded really good! they sound really fun. they sound different from the UE11 i assure you, having heard the UE11. but I've got to say that I do not regret my purchase.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 11
I personally haven't listened to the C3's to be an objective reviewer, but i love the JH5pros that I do own. The SQ is amazing both amped and unamped. I've been listening to mine for hours at a time (>6hrs) for a few days now while I study for finals and they have yet to cause fatigue as far as hearing. Also, JHAudio's customer service is definitely as amazing as everyone claims. Just my 2cents.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 11
the demo JH5 I found very impressive based on such a low price. To me it was a small step up above the SE530's but bear in mind that's a universal demo unit and customs would probably sound better. The JH7's were better still..I really loved them..so save for them instead
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #9 of 11
Given that I listen to a rather eclectic mix ranging from choir to classical, to good classic rock... throw in some healthy acoustic pop music (and thus not a basshead by any means), which would have the larger sound stage and clarity?

I wish there was a way these could be tested out, but with customs it's always mostly a leap of faith and hoping you had jumped on the correct bandwagon. Just hoping to make the best choice!

Currently though, must say I'm leaning towards the JH-5s, if based on nothing but the glowing reviews of support and build quality.

Dec 28, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCYC5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's likely that no one has had both, but which of the two would you go for and why?

I'm leaning more towards the C3s right now, just because they have the triple drivers and I've heard any people state that they are a poor man's version of the UE11s.

jecklinsmile.gif

the C3's the Alien Ears? I have heard that the Bass on the C3's are to much, but thats a personal opinion from people that have them. I have the JH5 & Jh7 pro's and i love them both. the JH7's i use for mixing monitors, and the JH5's for my ipod. only had them for a month, but they never fail to impress me. The Guys at JH Audio really looke after me.

Dec 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCYC5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

jecklinsmile.gif

the C3's the Alien Ears? I have heard that the Bass on the C3's are to much, but thats a personal opinion from people that have them. I have the JH5 & Jh7 pro's and i love them both. the JH7's i use for mixing monitors, and the JH5's for my ipod. only had them for a month, but they never fail to impress me. The Guys at JH Audio really looke after me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back