C2s vs. C3s
Apr 21, 2009 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jumbojet19920711

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am currently searching around for a pair of new IEMs in the $100-$150 range after my good old CX300s broke, and one of the series that came to my attention was the Klipsch Custom Line. Right now, amazon is offering the C2s for $90ish and the C3s for $150ish. What are the key differences between the C2 and the C3, especially regarding SQ. Would the C3s be worth the extra ~$60, especially in terms of value for money, which is what I'm after the most in these new IEMs.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers,
jumbojet

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 8
See my review in my sig of the Custom 3.

Great sound over the Custom 2, but it all depends on what kind of music you prefer. And since you didn't bother to mention that, it's kind of hard to recommend one or the other. The Custom 3 has a substantial amount more bass over the Custom 2. So if you listen to bass heavy music this would be good. If you prefer cleaner, more defined sound like Opera or classical music maybe the 2's would be good.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See my review in my sig of the Custom 3.

Great sound over the Custom 2, but it all depends on what kind of music you prefer. And since you didn't bother to mention that, it's kind of hard to recommend one or the other. The Custom 3 has a substantial amount more bass over the Custom 2. So if you listen to bass heavy music this would be good. If you prefer cleaner, more defined sound like Opera or classical music maybe the 2's would be good.

I do listen to the more bass-intense songs, more of rock, alternative and some heavy metal. So maybe the C3s, are they a good buy for the price that they are listed ($150)?

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 8
I just got the Custom 2s and their bass is pretty strong. However, you should be aware that the cables cause major microphonics - read the Klipsch Owners Only poll thread. I don't know why Klipsch didn't use rubber from the splitter to each earbud.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #8 of 8
I ordered C2s two weeks ago from mymemory.com. Been using them now for a week and I'm very pleased with them. I don't find them particularly microphonic or the cable stiff. Maybe I got the earlier version of the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back