C PAds from headphile
Mar 18, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #241 of 246
Has anyone tried or heard of people with circumaural grados? Or would such a thing kill the grado's sound quality? Are the c + beyer pads as comfortable as the circumaural senns?

Mar 19, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #242 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
You' re using the modded 325 on portable ..... aren't they too much heavy ?
could someone take a pic with 325 Cpadded on head ?

I don't think it is that heavy. You should see when I carry my laptop and books in my bookbag; that is pretty heavy. I used to go backpacking though, so I'm used to it. Besides, the woody ones are probably lighter than the metal ones.

If I knew where my camera was, I'd take a pic of them on my head.

Mar 19, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #243 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by sethk
Has anyone tried or heard of people with circumaural grados? Or would such a thing kill the grado's sound quality? Are the c + beyer pads as comfortable as the circumaural senns?

Umm, if you read this thread, there are plenty of us with circumaural Grados. I'd say it's more comfy than Senns. No it doesn't kill sound quality.
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #244 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by sethk

Doesn't kill the sound by any stretch, but it will add more bass, that, depending on how heavy the recorded bass of the music is, can sometimes be a bit overpowering. Can't comment on the comfort as compared to the senns, but they are damn comfortable in their own right.

Mar 25, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #245 of 246
I wouldn't say the C-pads "kill" the Grado sound quality either, but they do alter it. I just had my 4-port alphas converted to 8-port, which I'm running with no plugs. I did myself a favor having Larry add the extra ports, because I thought the 4-ports were a little too dark and too bass-heavy (or lower-midrange heavy). The 8-ports, at least completely "unplugged," have ALMOST the hyperdetailed highs I get with stock Grados. Probably the tonal balance is a little more natural than the bowl pads. With the C-pads there's a very slight loss of transient speed compared to stock, but as a tradeoff there's a much better sense of space--bigger, deeper, wider, and better defined--and a much better sense of musicians playing in an actual space. In fact, in 10 years of Grado use I'd thought that "Grados with a big soundstage" was an oxymoron, and after using Senns and K501s I thought that "classical-friendly phones that are easy to drive" was an oxymoron. Not anymore.

Mar 30, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #246 of 246
Here's a better picture of the pads- I haven't seen one up close.

It's smallish, but the forums REALLY limits the size (25k...). Silly.

Mail me and I can send much larger versions including install shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back