C PAds from headphile
Mar 2, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #106 of 246
It's taking a lot of will power not to break down and buy a set of used MS-2s just to see how the pads are going to work for me. Must have RS-1/2 solution soon......

biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #107 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by yammy1688
Do these pads help prevent the cans from sliding off your head? I love my ps-1's, but they don't want to stay on!

With my cd3k's, I could position myself in all sorts of ways, but with the ps-1's, i need to sit upright. Any shaking or tilting of the head and the things want to fall off.

If I could find a remedy for this problem with these pads that would be great!

My PS-1's don't move around as much with the c-pads on. They still slide around a little bit but don't completely fall off like they did with the bowls.

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #108 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
My PS-1's don't move around as much with the c-pads on. They still slide around a little bit but don't completely fall off like they did with the bowls.

I'm using the flats and it's especailly bad!

Mar 2, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #109 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxx
I"m not saying his price isn't fair, I'm saying it doen't make sense to buy $80 pads for a $99 pair of headphones. Might as well upgrade to a circumaural pair of phones that cost around $200. If you have the RS-1 etc then$80 isn't much.

All the grados are uncomfortable. The RS-1 included. So if you bought RS-225s, you'd have better headphones, but your head / ears would hurt just the same. I really really really wish Grado would do something about the headband and cups. At least give us an option of getting something more comfortable - and no the comfies do not count.
If headphile can make this available as an < $80 option even after paying a German company retail price for their pads, SURELY Grado can provide the equivalent cheaper, especially if it was an all inclusive package including the headphones. I know a lot of people who love the sound of my Grados but will never buy them because of comfort issues.

We need to take up a letter writing campaign with Grado.

Mar 2, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #110 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonance
All the grados are uncomfortable. The RS-1 included. So if you bought RS-225s, you'd have better headphones, but your head / ears would hurt just the same. I really really really wish Grado would do something about the headband and cups. At least give us an option of getting something more comfortable - and no the comfies do not count.
If headphile can make this available as an < $80 option even after paying a German company retail price for their pads, SURELY Grado can provide the equivalent cheaper, especially if it was an all inclusive package including the headphones. I know a lot of people who love the sound of my Grados but will never buy them because of comfort issues.

I fully agree with you. I loved my MS-1s but what drive me over the edge was comfort. Even with the comfies they irritated my ears. So I ended up selling them, and ordered a pair of Dt770-80. Hope I'm happy with those. If not I think I'm done with this hobby. I'll stick with my shure E2C and live in ingorance!

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #111 of 246
Okay so I have been reading about this and am now quite curious. I would love some added comfort for the Grados.

I notice that there are no alphas for PS-1's. That is a problem for me as I think that the bass is far too prominant with flats with these phones, yet I find the bowls uncomfortable, some alphas with the PS-1's could be insanely awesome.

I think the betas would better suit the RS-1's though....and since the adapter for the PS1 is the same as the RS1...I would have the luxury of both for both phones, leaving my poor HP-1's behind though. Since I find that they are perfect with flats, I would think that I would want betas for HP-1s, too bad they are not interchangeable with the adapter, would be great to just buy an alpha and beta.

Any possibility of an alpha for PS1s?

Cheers.

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #112 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonance

*Yawn*

Comfort is subjective. I find Grados with flats very comfortable, as opposed to bowls or...for that matter, the vice gripping of Senns.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #113 of 246
just great, every time a new post pops up in this thread i start daydreaming about more bass and soundstage again - i hope the C-Pad can deliver!

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #115 of 246
I'd like alphas for the RS-1 too. But I ordered the betas to try. But unlike you, Zanth, I'm a bowl man.

As far as comfort goes, you're lucky that you find the flats comfortable. I'm a bit jealous. Still, I don't know if I could get used to how the flats sound.

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #116 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Any possibility of an alpha for PS1s?

Cheers.

I'm an assembly fool today, taking a quick break... With the already prominent bass of PS1's, I don't think alpha would be good with them, that's why I don't offer it. I don't believe bass is any less on either adapter, so my belief is the PS1's would wash the highs and mids too far out on alpha, beyond Senn... back to it...

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #117 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
I'm an assembly fool today, taking a quick break... With the already prominent bass of PS1's, I don't think alpha would be good with them, that's why I don't offer it. I don't believe bass is any less on either adapter, so my belief is the PS1's would wash the highs and mids too far out on alpha, beyond Senn... back to it...

You're always an assembly fool
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #118 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777

That's why we need an adapter that approximates the bowls -- especially for the PS-1s. I found the bass to be too much with flats. I'm really to order a set of alphas for my RS-1s.
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #119 of 246
what did i say? this is not job productive for me to see a new post here! just great, now i just daydreamed of Larry picking out a nice dark chocolatey grained rosewood pair of adaptors, just the right thickness to help with acoustics just like the back of a Martin D-45 would, but not so thin as to potentially crack like a sensitive spruce soundboard would...laminates versus solid wood...flame on the grain...argh!

Mar 2, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #120 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
That's why we need an adapter that approximates the bowls -- especially for the PS-1s. I found the bass to be too much with flats. I'm really to order a set of alphas for my RS-1s.
biggrin.gif

i think i see where larry is coming from. both alpha and beta use the DT770 pads - due to the circumaural nature, the bass is just naturally more increased over the supraural flats or bowls. but betas bring the driver closer to the ear, allowing the mids and highs to keep their energy up front like a good grado would - but an alpha would distance the mids and highs (but NOT the bass) resulting in a polite (veiled) Senn sound - and wouldn't get rid of the bass, thus resulting in a "recessed" feel for mids and highs on something so bassy like the PS-1. The beta would provide the more balanced presentation across the board.

i guess in this case it wouldn't be right to say alpha = bowls, and beta = flats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back