C&C box or Xtra X-1...help me pick.
Feb 24, 2007 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

daimbert

New Head-Fier
Well after reading this website for awhile I have decided to either get the C&C box or a Xtra X-1 amp. I plan to buy a AOL lineout cable to my Ipod. Now the only problem is which one to get. I hear good things about both of these amps. Need some opinions to narrow it down for me. Thanks everyone.
280smile.gif

John L.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 23
I think the X-1 is better built and has a nice warm enjoyable sound. The C&C is emphasizes the upper mids but the toggles are nice and the stage can really be opened up with the unit and WSS set to on. My Xin LE is as open and much more truthful to the sound without the need for switches but it also costs quite a bit more. It is all what you want in sound.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 23
I love neutrality. I own green mountain audio speakers which are extremly neutral and honest. I also own the Ety 4p/4s, Shure 3c and the Senheisser hd580. Out of all of these I love the ety's and the Senheissers. Which amp will protray the music honestly with a great big sound stage. I don't mind bass much; I prefer honest tuneful bass over the big old thump. Any other amps would be grealty appreciated I might go up to 150.

John

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ebay is the only place i have seen them. i love my x-1 but the volume knob is very badly situated, its hard to adjust volume.

Where? I've been searching with all sorts of keywords and I can't find em..

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by daimbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well after reading this website for awhile I have decided to either get the C&C box or a Xtra X-1 amp. I plan to buy a AOL lineout cable to my Ipod. Now the only problem is which one to get. I hear good things about both of these amps. Need some opinions to narrow it down for me. Thanks everyone.
280smile.gif

John L.

i can really recomend you to get C&C that have very nice body and huge sound stage . it has specific feature in a music atomosphere very clean .

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

I love neutrality. I own green mountain audio speakers which are extremly neutral and honest. I also own the Ety 4p/4s, Shure 3c and the Senheisser hd580. Out of all of these I love the ety's and the Senheissers. Which amp will protray the music honestly with a great big sound stage. I don't mind bass much; I prefer honest tuneful bass over the big old thump. Any other amps would be grealty appreciated I might go up to 150.

John

Weird you've decided to start here. The C&C Box and Xtra X-1 are more colored than neutral and definitely have a euphonic sound to them (one I happen to like on the C&C). In a similar price range the Go-Vibe V5/6 and iBasso P1 seem to be good options.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird you've decided to start here. The C&C Box and Xtra X-1 are more colored than neutral and definitely have a euphonic sound to them (one I happen to like on the C&C). In a similar price range the Go-Vibe V5/6 and iBasso P1 seem to be good options.

Totally agree. If neutrality is desired, then the iBasso P1 is a much better choice than either the X1 or the C&C, IMO.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Would a truly neutral set of headphones like the ety and a neutral amp be boderline fatiguing? I do have tubes in my system which for that warmth that I do like.

Only you can truly answer that question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back