C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #2,898 of 3,421
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #2,899 of 3,421
Oct 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #2,906 of 3,421
There are many options to get portable amps to Europe. I have a Meier Stepdance, had a Meieder Corda MOVE and XXS, I have a iBasso D4 and T5, had a T4. I sometimes use my friend's Fiio E12, I have a Fiio X3, I imported a Soundmagic A10, ...

To answer your question. I have not heard either C5 or C&C BH, but C5 is a class better from what I have read.

From my own experience:

Stepdance is best sounding portable amp I have heard. iBasso T5 is much more portable and is very good as well, but build quality is bad. Fiio E12 is not better to my ears than T5 but more bulky, although with much better build quality but less battery life.
What's your source? JDS C5 will probably be a very good choice nevertheless.

Oct 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2,908 of 3,421
Hi, may I know how's the synergy between the BH2 and the iBasso DX50. Would really like to know how it compares to a BH2/C3 combo. Thanks in advance.

I've answered your PM regarding this. Overall the pairing is a great match also amongst some of the best bass impact I have heard. (using the amps LF switch)

Can someone please compare C&C BH with for example JDS Labs C5, C421 (with AD8610) and/or Leckerton UHA-4?

Maybe this review can help you. I believe there's a comparison to C&C BH (BH2)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jds-labs-c5-headphone-amplifier/reviews/9328

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #2,910 of 3,421
  There are many options to get portable amps to Europe. I have a Meier Stepdance, had a Meieder Corda MOVE and XXS, I have a iBasso D4 and T5, had a T4. I sometimes use my friend's Fiio E12, I have a Fiio X3, I imported a Soundmagic A10, ...

To answer your question. I have not heard either C5 or C&C BH, but C5 is a class better from what I have read.

From my own experience:

Stepdance is best sounding portable amp I have heard. iBasso T5 is much more portable and is very good as well, but build quality is bad. Fiio E12 is not better to my ears than T5 but more bulky, although with much better build quality but less battery life.
What's your source? JDS C5 will probably be a very good choice nevertheless.

Thanks for your reply s0lar!

I'm going to use the DX50 as source. I'm using the BA4f cosmic ears cIEMs, which probably doesn't mean much to you, but I find it fairly hard to find a good synergy for the cIEM. It sounds fantastic through the audinst hud-mx1, but through the HO of the DX50, it sounds a little thin, and a bit messy. Soundstage/seperation and clarity are definitely a notch less on the DX50. 

The funny thing is, the ceo of cosmic ears, favors the D-zero over the C5 when it comes to driving the BA4f. He says, he finds the C5 a bit too warm sounding. I'm feel a little inclined to just buy the C5 and try it myself. Another funny thing, the people from iBAsso have reported, to actually like the amp of the DX50 more than the one in the D-zero.

Where in europe did you buy all those amps? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back