C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
May 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2,071 of 3,421
Quote:
Hi kova4a, I can agree with your objective views of in regards to rule of thump and diminishing return but you have to mindful of your subjective views when you are quoting someone along with it unless you want to make a personal issue with the said person. It's very clear to me that you have a locked on perception that this Leo guy doesn't have a mind of his own and just following the hype. 

So, what's wrong with the clip zip as a source for now? Subjectively, not good to you but it's good enough for me as at this present moment. It didn't make fools out of so may users out there for the cost of it if you know what I mean. 

You also seem to have a telepathic ability to read my mind that I'm considering to spent $50 for an LOD when all I asked was some suggestion to the configuration of the LOD. Maybe I would but please do not put words into someone's else mouth. This is a very a important thing in life you have to learn as in the real world, will get you into a lot of troubles.

I mentioned you because I knew that the hype about fancy interconnects will start in response to your question. It has nothing to do with having mind of your own - that's just how head-fi works - someone hypes something and the others go for it - it's not personal remark about you and I haven't quoted you but sorry if you feel offended. All clips are great performers and I have nothing against them - it's just the way people jump on custom cables that cost more than their DAPs and expect great improvement. Just check the fancy rigs on head-fi and the custom cables threads on here - the main reason people want one is for fancy looks and low-profile. If I have a $500 DAP with line-out and a decent mid-tier amp I would honestly give the money for a custom IC but never for use with headphone-out and cheap rig aside for the looks . 
I was just stating my opinion on the matter and haven't directly offended anyone or assumed anything  but if anyone feels offended in any way I apologize. I know this is head-fi and money will be spent on anything that improves the sound even if it's mostly placebo, so you just spend your money the way you want and let's keep things peaceful in here. It's time this discussion stops and the thread gets on track with BH and pics of custom interconnects. 

May 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #2,073 of 3,421
LoL, if i may venture an opinion here, you cannot apply the rule of high-end rig cables to portables... In high end normally you will not pay for cables more than 10-20% of your rig cost ... But this depends on the rig too, if say the rig costs some 200k would you suggest spending 20-40k on cables? Or if the rig costs 2k would you suggest cheap IC?

The rule is there is no rule and everyone buys according to his hearing and wallet.

Mind this silver copper IC i bought from HK for which i paid 30$ sounds really better than BH stock cable and not by a small margin. However on T1 stock cable is great quality and does not call for imminent upgrade. Surely some cables are ridiculously expensive but then if there would be no sound difference then there would not be cable craze.

May 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2,074 of 3,421
Quote:
I mentioned you because I knew that the hype about fancy interconnects will start in response to your question. It has nothing to do with having mind of your own - that's just how head-fi works - someone hypes something and the others go for it - it's not personal remark about you and I haven't quoted you but sorry if you feel offended. All clips are great performers and I have nothing against them - it's just the way people jump on custom cables that cost more than their DAPs and expect great improvement. Just check the fancy rigs on head-fi and the custom cables threads on here - the main reason people want one is for fancy looks and low-profile. If I have a $500 DAP with line-out and a decent mid-tier amp I would honestly give the money for a custom IC but never for use with headphone-out and cheap rig aside for the looks . 
I was just stating my opinion on the matter and haven't directly offended anyone or assumed anything  but if anyone feels offended in any way I apologize. I know this is head-fi and money will be spent on anything that improves the sound even if it's mostly placebo, so you just spend your money the way you want and let's keep things peaceful in here. It's time this discussion stops and the thread gets on track with BH and pics of custom interconnects. 

Hi kova4a, oops you did it again. Twice in a single sentence.

I don't doubt any of your comments and it does make sense in some ways but having mentioned someone's name in reference (and not admitting to it) to make your point isn't right. 

Read carefully, this Leo guy ask for a configuration type and not what kind of fancy cable like you mentioned.  

Anyway, I'm here for reason other than this. So, please make your point which ever way you want but please stop making reference out of me.

Lastly, apologies accepted and let's move on to better things.  

May 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #2,076 of 3,421
popcorn.gif

May 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2,077 of 3,421
Hi everyone, need some suggestion for the safest configuration for a mini to mini IC.

For now, I'll be using the clip zip with my incoming BH but will upgrade to another player in the near future with something like a C3.  Thus, I'll need some thoughts as to the length and mini jack type (straight or right angled) to be used for now and when I upgrade to another player.

Any thoughts will be appreciated and would like to thank everyone in advance.

hi Leo, welcome aboard. i suppose you must ask H20Fidelity, he posted a link here to some good but not expensive interconnect which sounds great. otherwise a question is how much you think spending on interconnect? i suggest a good one can be had for 20-40$ but i support your plan for upgrade because BH stock cable is really so so and for me there was no going back to it after i compared this to my silver copper Pailics.

this is the cable i have and it sounds just great: http://www.ebay.com/itm/silver-cable-3-5mm-MALE-to-MALE-Stereo-Audio-Cable-for-MP3-PC-Baolong-3-5-stereo-/120776228421?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c1ed2fe45

And here the cable H20 has good experience with: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200851488533?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

May 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #2,078 of 3,421
Quote:

Hi kova4a, oops you did it again. Twice in a single sentence.

I don't doubt any of your comments and it does make sense in some ways but having mentioned someone's name in reference (and not admitting to it) to make your point isn't right. 

Read carefully, this Leo guy ask for a configuration type and not what kind of fancy cable like you mentioned.  

Oh, come on give it a rest - my point had nothing to do with your question on the configuration on the plugs. It was about the replies you'll get in here. Just like Gintaras' comment (he's now suggesting a type of cable like I said people will start). As far as safest configuration - that will be straight plugs on both ends as this way you'll always be sure the cable won't obstruct a part of your amp like the potentiometer, for instance.

May 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #2,079 of 3,421
Man, I can hardly wait for wireless to take over so the interconnect wars can escallate up to a whole new level
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2,080 of 3,421
May 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2,081 of 3,421
Quote:
hi Leo, welcome aboard. i suppose you must ask H20Fidelity, he posted a link here to some good but not expensive interconnect which sounds great. otherwise a question is how much you think spending on interconnect? i suggest a good one can be had for 20-40$ but i support your plan for upgrade because BH stock cable is really so so and for me there was no going back to it after i compared this to my silver copper Pailics.

this is the cable i have and it sounds just great: http://www.ebay.com/itm/silver-cable-3-5mm-MALE-to-MALE-Stereo-Audio-Cable-for-MP3-PC-Baolong-3-5-stereo-/120776228421?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c1ed2fe45

And here the cable H20 has good experience with: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200851488533?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Hi Gintaras, thanks for chipping in. Appreciate it. Just PMed you regarding this and here you are trying to lend a helping hand.
Quote:
Oh, come on give it a rest - my point had nothing to do with your question on the configuration on the plugs. It was about the replies you'll get in here. Just like Gintaras' comment (he's now suggesting a type of cable like I said people will start). As far as safest configuration - that will be straight plugs on both ends as this way you'll always be sure the cable won't obstruct a part of your amp like the potentiometer, for instance.

Yes, I have already given it the rest with the last post. PEACE.

Also, I would like to thank you and I'm appreciative for the thoughts about the configuration of the line out cable. Very much in line with what I initially thought of. 

May 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #2,083 of 3,421
I didn't see this mentioned, when I plug in (charge) the amp while playing music I can hear a distinct electric static-y hum. Does anyone else experience this? It's fairly annoying.

wall adapter or usb to pc charge?

May 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2,085 of 3,421
Quote:
usb from pc (it's also not the default adapter it comes with, but I don't think that should make a difference).

Using PC as source or a separate DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back