C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Apr 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #1,816 of 3,421
Well, honestly, I just recently paid attention to how long does it take for the red light to turn off when charging with the wall charger that I got many years ago with my Creative Zen, which is rated 5V = 1000mA. It's taking like 10 hours to fully charge and the light to turn off with it and as it's very slow I presume around 3 hours with a normal charger from a full drained battery should be enough. Anyway, I don't mind leaving it to charge the whole night once every 90 hours of use

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #1,817 of 3,421
The light went out. The C&C is hard at work again :)

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #1,818 of 3,421
i use iPad wall adapter and stock USB cable and BH sits some good 6-8 hours before charge is complete. so does my RWAK which needs minimum 5 hours but i did not use stop watch so deviations possible.

in the end BH gives me some insane playback time, we talk here about weeks, not days.... my RWAK is good in squeezing out 10 hours at full loud volume when amped but i have to charge it nearly everyday.

do not know how helpful this discussion since faulty battery would not last long on playback .... how long this charges does not indicate fault unless playback also affected. my Canon Mark3 battery also charges damn long before coming full but it lasts insanely long and i can go several days with thousand photos from one charge.

Ok.... back to music listening... ah, YEAH, i know some might hate me BUT... C3+BH = amazing sounding combo UNBEATABLE at this price point.... for 200$ you will not find anything close to it.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #1,819 of 3,421
I have a BK coming, and only hope the battery life is close to what I'm reading here. Sounds amazing.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #1,820 of 3,421
Quote:
I have a BK coming, and only hope the battery life is close to what I'm reading here. Sounds amazing.

Haven't heard much about the BK around here. Do let us know what you think of the BK!

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #1,821 of 3,421
Haven't heard much about the BK around here. Do let us know what you think of the BK!

Will do. I get it on Monday. Stay tuned.

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #1,822 of 3,421
You know, because of the not-so-great synergy between my BH and AD900x, compared to with my E12, anyway, I was really thinking about selling my BH -- So glad I didn't! With the AD900x, I didn't think the SF switch was very impressive, but with my WS99s that just came in... Wow! I'm really liking how the SF makes things sound on my closed cans.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,823 of 3,421
Quote:
You know, because of the not-so-great synergy between my BH and AD900x, compared to with my E12, anyway, I was really thinking about selling my BH -- So glad I didn't! With the AD900x, I didn't think the SF switch was very impressive, but with my WS99s that just came in... Wow! I'm really liking how the SF makes things sound on my closed cans.

You know it my friend! It looks like we're stuck with two great headphones and two great amps!

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #1,824 of 3,421

Since I have a BK arriving on Monday, and it has the SF switch as well, can you please expound on what it does that is so impressive? Thanks.

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #1,826 of 3,421
Quote:
Since I have a BK arriving on Monday, and it has the SF switch as well, can you please expound on what it does that is so impressive? Thanks.

Well, I actually commented on that a while back. 
"H20 said it expands the soundstage but it changes the frequency response and he was partially right. It does affect only certain frequencies by moving them forward in the presentation - for instance a guitar that is slightly in the back moves forward and expands slightly to the center. This makes the tracks affected by the switch sound fuller and grander, which can give the impression that the soundstage is bigger while it's exactly the same. Now the other thing - those frequencies actually move not only to the center also but to the opposite channel, so there is a very small crossfeed." 
The thing is that aside from giving you the perception of a wider soundstage it affects its depth and not in a good way because that's what happens when frequencies move forward in the presentation. It's track dependent (sometimes it works for the track and sometimes it doesn't) but I guess for casual listeners the perception of a wider soundstage will work more often then it won't, especially if they aren't used to paying attention to its depth.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #1,827 of 3,421
C3> c&c bh  > Re262

SF and LF switch turned on.

More Bass quantity, More Clarity and makes it sound like a live concert.

darthsmile.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,828 of 3,421
Using he BH with rockboxed clip+ and the ckn70s. Have 200+ hours on the ckn70s. I'm starting to feel like the double amping of the setup may be disrupting my enjoyment of the ckn70s.

Still trying to find a good combination of settings and outputs on the C&C BH, but it has really changed from album to album and at times from song to song.

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,829 of 3,421
If the 70's are bright, I'd suspect them to be even brighter with the BH. Is that the issue?

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,830 of 3,421
Still fascinated by this little amp. While charging my iPod classic, I hooked up an Ipod 5.5 gen via a silver plated OFC LOD, and through OUT 1 the presentation was muddy, and overly warm. Wasn't this the unit that was supposed to have such a great Wolfson DAC? I was using the Klipsch X10 so switched to OUT 2, high gain, LF on. The music absolutely came alive. A little bright but with much greater detail and overall sound signature that is quite pleasing. I find that not to be the case with the iPod classic, using this LOD, and usually just stick with OUT 1 and lo gain since it is so bright and fatiguing.

Anyway, still very happy with the BH, and so impressed with the battery life. I might buy an E12 for my workstation, but I won't be lugging it around in my backpack.

Thanks again for starting this thread H2O and making a great many of us happy BH owners. --- Rav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back