C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #286 of 3,421
Im now listening with my new rca to 3.5mm minijack cable and im so so satisfied over the buy of this little amp. I prefer it over my Asus STX headphone output. It sounds really clear and nice, the litle bass boost on the LF switch is really enjoyable with electronic music on my beyers. Giving the beyers that itte extra sub bass, but this is mosly the ony genre I feel it is needed with alest for the d880. Tried a pair dt990 600ohm aswell and they power that aswell easy and good with my dac portion out from my STX, but it is not enough for very high volume on my mobile minijack out to power them.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #287 of 3,421
Quote:
Guy told me delivery was 15-30 days if you didn't pick the 30$ option(which he pays half, or so he says). Now I is sad
frown.gif

I can confirm it was probably 10 days including a weekend so don`t worry too much.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #288 of 3,421
I always try and forget about the stuff im ordering from asia as it is always very random on time delivering. For example I ordered 2 cables from usa to norway 5 days ago and they arrived same day as my rca cable from china that was 20 days ago :p

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #289 of 3,421
Quote:
I always try and forget about the stuff im ordering from asia as it is always very random on time delivering. For example I ordered 2 cables from usa to norway 5 days ago and they arrived same day as my rca cable from china that was 20 days ago :p

+1

Always unreliable. 

But in other news my BH is in Canada...... But in Vancouver stuck in customs. Eventually when it gets out it'll be 1-3 days before it's in my hands because tracking is telling me it's Xpresspost. *fingers crossed*

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #292 of 3,421
Im now listening with my new rca to 3.5mm minijack cable and im so so satisfied over the buy of this little amp. I prefer it over my Asus STX headphone output. It sounds really clear and nice, the litle bass boost on the LF switch is really enjoyable with electronic music on my beyers. Giving the beyers that itte extra sub bass, but this is mosly the ony genre I feel it is needed with alest for the d880. Tried a pair dt990 600ohm aswell and they power that aswell easy and good with my dac portion out from my STX, but it is not enough for very high volume on my mobile minijack out to power them.

Thanks for your impressions Leonarfd. This amp has become something I won't listen to music without anymore, It makes my DAP's sound underpowered, lacking in resolution. Plus I don't get that smooth transition and added detail without it. It makes my DAP's headphone outs sound rather average actually, I'm really glad I decided to give it a try for the community, I don't think many people would be disappointed. It really does make E11 sound muddy and veiled compared, different world completely.

Looking forward to some others giving their opinion.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #293 of 3,421
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the BH from Polly-chen :] super excited to try out my AD900X with them! Already bought a FiiO L10 LOD in anticipation.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #295 of 3,421
How would u say the c&c bh stacks up against the pico slim?

I havent heard that amp sorry, I can say I prefer C&C BH over E11 and JDS Cmoy BB by quite a large margin. How it fairs next to more expensive amps is yet to be seen exactly, that's hopefully what some others can tell us eventually. The power is in their hands.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #296 of 3,421
Mine should show up tomorrow and I will be comparing it to my Headstage Arrow...

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #298 of 3,421
So... Mine finally arrived. I really wish I had the knowledge to do this amp justice. Sadly, I don't. The easiest way I can describe the LF and SF switches are voodoo magic. 
While I admit, they aren't suited to every song, when they do suit, they are unbelievable. I admit, the headphones I have aren't exactly top tier. They're nothing major, but with the budget of a unemployed student, they do what I need. Superlux HD-668B, Denon AH-D1100 and Allesandros MS-1i. Along with some R1s (IEMs). What I can say definitely and undoubtedly is that it brings my cans to life. Provides a new lease of life. They feel dull straight out of the DAP now, or out of the E6. 

TL;DR

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #299 of 3,421
And mine are still in customs :frowning2:

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #300 of 3,421
Anybody with experience with the O2 and the C&C BH have any comparison thoughts? I just got the ODAC, and I would go for the C&C BH because of the long life, bass EQ, and soundfield option if the SQ is comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back