C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #272 of 3,421
Yeah, that's what I figured. Probably gonna pull the trigger on a FiiO LOD and the C&C BH amp after my paycheck comes in a few days.

I just pulled the trigger on those two items myself lol! I also purchased a pair of Sony MH1C for $40 shipped. All of this will be hooked up to a RockBoxed iPod Classic 7th gen. Anyone have other recommendations for some synergistic headphones that may be a little colder than the MH1C's?

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #273 of 3,421
Quote:
Okey dokey. I have maybe listened to this now amp for approx 2 hours and A/B`d with my P3 and Westone 4`s.

I retract my initial statement of after 1 track this amp is no worse than my P3. 
My new statement is, it is different and depending on what you are "used" to then that is why I am going to make comments on what I am "used to".

I am used to a laid back spacious sound with superb instrument separation and soundstage (P3)
The BH is not, it is more forward and condensed which I have quite liked for dance music but as I am not used to that I would need to brain train to that signature.

If I use the LF switch I think "Ahh that`s what I am use to" but it makes male vocals sibilant somewhat and seems to affect he high region. That is what I find with the LH switch, it also adds a touch to the highs.

I bought my P3 from Spud Harris (You will probably know who he is) with nearly the opamp configuration I have in my sig which I modified also with his help.
I have also purchased the "Top kit" from another well known Headfi guru but that didn`t compare to the setup I had.

With the above in mind, this amp was up against stiff competition and although does things well it just falls short for me. The only other amps I have had are the Fiio E5? and Gary`s Pav2. 

This is all based on an Ipod 2nd Gen Itouch, my W4`s (MTPC coppers didn`t fair well) and 2 LOD`s.

No doubt this is a capable amp and paired with a set of IEMS or cans that have good synergy then it will please quite a few. It has more power than you will ever need regardless of what you use imo.

I will keep this as a backup for my iBasso but if you can get a 2nd hand P3 (discontinued) or another rolling amp with my configuration then you are not far away from audio heaven.

Stu

It would be tough to beat something already voiced to to your preference. I don't doubt it may just also be better as configured. It's also fatter and costlier.
bigsmile_face.gif
 The BH is probably a good thing for those on a budget that don't want to play with their purchase.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #274 of 3,421
Mine is still sitting in China - shipped but has not left there yet.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #276 of 3,421
Quote:
Hi Sinth, we're going to have to ask you to leave the thread now.
tongue_smile.gif

That's cool dude, your opinion is respected and appreciated just like the others. May I ask how many hours your BH has done, 2 hours in total? Because if I remember rightly mine was a touch sibilant fresh out of the box (with the LF switch) but seemed to settle in after a day. It was one thing I kept an eye on before making the thread. I shall try again with my ipod touch 2G and see if it may be the pairing.

lol :) I was actually a little apprehensive posting my findings and glad you took them on face value mate. I will give the amp some dead hours and see if anything changes after about 50 of them.

Just want to reiterate that my view is not a large negative towards this amp, just my findings. I am sure if I went through numerous pairings I would come across a pair of phones that worked really well with it. I just don`t have those.
It was worth the £65 to get to listen to it.

Stu

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #277 of 3,421
Quote:
It would be tough to beat something already voiced to to your preference. I don't doubt it may just also be better as configured. It's also fatter and costlier.
bigsmile_face.gif
 The BH is probably a good thing for those on a budget that don't want to play with their purchase.

Very true mate.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #278 of 3,421
I bought it too lol damn still waiting tho. Gonna be using ipod video dual locked to the c&c bh with a fiio L9 LOD. I think it'll be small enough to fit in my pocket comfortably and with rockbox using replaygain this is gonna be a real treat. Never had a dap amp tho. VERY EXCITED to see what the UE 6000 does now

Yeah baby

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #279 of 3,421
Mine has made it to the US, should be just a few more days till it gets here.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #281 of 3,421
And mine is in Canada.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #283 of 3,421
Well mine is supposedly xpresspost canada post which is pretty quick so if I don't get it by the end of the week, ill be surprised.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #284 of 3,421

Users who are viewing this thread

Back