C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 19, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #226 of 3,421
Quote:
I've had good results amping Sansa Fuze, / Clip+ from headphone out and Colorfly C3, I imagine using ELE DAC would be impressive, there's a sure increase, especially if you use the sound field or low field switch. What the amp does is give you more body and weight, smooths out any grain that might be present at higher volumes giving a more refined quality to your music. With something like the Clip+ which I was just testing you can go much louder without peaks in the upper mid range. And again the bass, mid, treble detail also black space behind your music needs a constant mention. Certainly worth it imo, it can be a fun amp using the features or a very balanced one without them.

Mine ran for 8 days (about 5 hours a day) yet still did'n't go flat before I charged it yesterday. I'm trying to narrow out any possible issue of sound quality drop after X amount of hours but still cannot detect any differences.

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #228 of 3,421
Its out from customs and awaiting me on the post office, need to get back my objective 2 from my brother so I can compare it versus the transparent o2. Funny is that I got it trough tax free, so it ended up being 3 times cheaper than a a new Fiio E07K Andes in norway.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #230 of 3,421
I'm no iem guy, but ive tested it with my Sony mdr-1r and my Beyerdynamic dt880 250ohm. I did not belive it would be so good. The amp are way than more powerful for my beyers, going to do some ab testing betwean my STX. Is it just me or the amp putting abit more pressure in the treble, I bet this will perform really well with some sennheiser hd650.

The LF switch do put some more sub bass in the picture, would not say it enhance the bass much above 50-70Hz. But the overall bass(with and without LF switch) is much better controlled on the C&C BH than my Note2 without a amp for my Sony mdr-1r.

Worth the money? yes without a doubt. When the e12 is out in Norway I will maybe order it try it and deliver it back just to compare it with the BH.

Will post more impressions later after some more time usage, time to make some pizza and see a movie so that will be later or tomrorow :D

Might aswell post it, looks kinda small on my note2
size]

Edit: After alot more listening time I find it hard to listen to my Sony mdr-1r without this little thing, also when I plug it into my soundcard an Asus Xonar Essence STX and only use the dac trough RCA out it beats the headphone out for my beyers in sound quality. But my STX go louder but not needed for something in the 300ohm range. I will still say the little amp is absolutly worth the money. C&C bring on more goodies for us plz, maybe an tube amp :D

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #231 of 3,421
Having just purchased a FiiO E11 I'm very interested in hearing how people like their new C&C BH amps especially compared with the E11. The BH reviews sound superb so far and I'd just like to see how a larger cross section of users perceive it before pulling the trigger.

I'm pleased with the E11 and not hearing any hiss but the higher detail and performance of the C&C BH would be worth it to me. Hopefully your amps and reviews will start to arrive soon.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #232 of 3,421
Can not hear any hiss with my headphones, btw i can hear more details on the C&C BH than my STX card. I did not have so high anticipation about it. Personly I only hoped to get a device with enough power so I can sit other places than just at my pc. Ordered some rca to rca and rca to 3.5mm jack, one for my STX and one for my receiver. Funny is that the quality of both is higher than my friend's monster cable that costed 10xtimes as much :S Choseal both. Only need my 6.3mm male to female to come with 1 meter extension so I dont have to go behind the pc switch betwean the stx card headphone jack and rca's

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #233 of 3,421
Finally showing shipped, probably still 5 days out though - will be comparing it to my new Headstage Arrow 4G.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #234 of 3,421
Quote:
Finally showing shipped, probably still 5 days out though - will be comparing it to my new Headstage Arrow 4G.

Where did you get yours? I also want to buy one.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #235 of 3,421
Which seller ships faster on ebay?

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #237 of 3,421
I think most of us have bought from pollychen0306 on eBay.

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #238 of 3,421
Leonarfd's first impression added to the OP. (if you want to change it for a later impression just let me know)

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #240 of 3,421
So mine is "en route to Canada" as of the 14th. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week. Maybe it'll come around the same time as my FXZ200.

One can only hope :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back