C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #106 of 3,421
Hey Mark, if you choose DHL Express (just $15 more - tell him you asked aiklindo) it will take just 3 days to arrive anywhere ; )

Do not try to fool customs, declaring for a lower value, as DHL will then charge you 32€ because iof that as they did to me. So, all legal, original invoice for the real value, etc. You'll just have to pay 40€ customs tax, but DHL takes care of everything and dispatch same day.

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #107 of 3,421
Quote:
Hey Mark, if you choose DHL Express (just $15 more - tell him you asked aiklindo) it will take just 3 days to arrive anywhere ; )

Do not try to fool customs, declaring for a lower value, as DHL will then charge you 32€ because iof that as they did to me. So, all legal, original invoice for the real value, etc. You'll just have to pay 40€ customs tax, but DHL takes care of everything and dispatch same day.

Earliest I'll be buying will be Sunday! So I'll keep that in mind!

I've never tried to fool the customs, and to date, I've never been charged extra on anything! So I'll cross my fingers :p 

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #110 of 3,421
They say there is in Ireland, but I've yet to experience it. It's almost like the myth of the train inspector. He'll get you and fine you when you least expect it, or the day you were late and had no time to buy a ticket!

True that, very good description.

I've posted this photo in the Colorfly C3 appreciation thread however I'll share it here for people to grasp an idea of how well these two sit together. Also, for anyone thinking of using Apple devices I have had very good results using C&C BH with my ipod touch and nano's line outs. Can't wait for others to give some impressions! I don't think anyone should be disappointed.

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #111 of 3,421
Quote:

I've posted this photo in the Colorfly C3 appreciation thread however I'll share it here for people to grasp an idea of how well these two sit together. Also, for anyone thinking of using Apple devices I have had very good results using C&C BH with my ipod touch and nano's line outs. Can't wait for others to give some impressions! I don't think anyone should be disappointed.

Good to hear! I'm awaiting my LOD in the mail and my main source is iPod Touch G3. I'll be using this with my M-100 and intermittently be double amping with my ZO2

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #112 of 3,421
Quote:

Sadly, I cant imagine it being so flush with the Classic :frowning2: But I will find out soon enough!

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #116 of 3,421
Currently using c3 with gr07 mk2s, do you think I need this amp to drive my vsonic properly?

There's been much discussion in the C3 appreciation thread about driving GR07. The truth is C3 even at only 13mW per channel can drive the 50ohm GR07 pretty well. However owning this pairing in the past found I had to use around 30/40 volume to bring GR07 up to speed and it would thin out rather quickly. I think C&C BH would offer you more power, possibly make the presentation smoother, maybe tighten up that light bass C3 has. It's up to you if you wanted to try it.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #117 of 3,421
I concur with H20. Some headphones NEED an amp while other don't need one but that doesn't mean that even though they are easy to drive that a better amp won't make them sound better anyway. i.e. 2 100 watt per channel amps can sound completely different with the same set of speakers because one amp drives better/cleaner than the other. So yes even though the GR07 may not need an amp to drive them well, using an external or different amp may still well make them sound better.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #118 of 3,421
Yes, because you are using a better source. The SQ of a better amp is greater, not that the IEMs NEED an amp to be properly driven. If you know what I mean.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #119 of 3,421
Is the BH an amp geared more towards IEMs, or is it suitable for full sized headphones? Specifically, modified T50RP, a somewhat (but not terribly) power hungry headphone.

Also, I asked before but didn't get a response, how does it compare to the O2 in terms of sound quality, PRaT, soundstage, etc. Any response will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back