C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jul 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #3,256 of 3,421
The bass could be a little punchier but after a couple hours of music, I have to say that the M50X is totally worth it!  The sound quality is awesome!

Since you have rockbox, learn to use the PEQ to boost and tweak the midbass to your liking, and you can definitely get more "punch" out of the M50X :)

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #3,257 of 3,421
Since you have rockbox, learn to use the PEQ to boost and tweak the midbass to your liking, and you can definitely get more "punch" out of the M50X
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I definitely have more punch since I use Rockbox it and tweak the sound!!!

This forum is awesome! :)

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #3,258 of 3,421
Does feels unusual. But I have 3 different sets of cables and wall adapters which yields the same results. Fortunately I have never run out of battery before which means it's being charged. Thank you so much trying to help in trouble shooting for a possible cause. Appreciate it Niyologist.

Not all chargers are the same. Just because it's a USB wall charger, they are all different amp ratings. a .2A or .5 or even a 500mA are all underpowered to charge it appropriately at the speed we would use it at. Even a PC's USB port is very underpowered. Use a 1A rated charger which are typically hard to find but will charge it correctly and quickly. The negative effect (sorry) is to remember that the faster you charge a battery at a higher amp rating it will shorten the life of the battery, but being that it's replaceable is not a major issue.

Cheers.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #3,259 of 3,421
  Not all chargers are the same. Just because it's a USB wall charger, they are all different amp ratings. a .2A or .5 or even a 500mA are all underpowered to charge it appropriately at the speed we would use it at. Even a PC's USB port is very underpowered. Use a 1A rated charger which are typically hard to find but will charge it correctly and quickly. The negative effect (sorry) is to remember that the faster you charge a battery at a higher amp rating it will shorten the life of the battery, but being that it's replaceable is not a major issue.

Cheers.

Lol. 500 mA = 500 x 10^-3 amps = 5 X 10^-1 amps = 0.5 amps.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Otherwise your post is quite informative!

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #3,260 of 3,421
  Lol. 500 mA = 500 x 10^-3 amps = 5 X 10^-1 amps = 0.5 amps.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Otherwise your post is quite informative!

I know it's the same thing .5A and 500mA, I was just throwing numbers out there as some people may see 500mA and think WOW 500 that is powerful when it's really not. But thanks for clarifying. 
wink_face.gif

I like this amp so much that I've dedicated a web page to it. Here's my page if it's been missed: https://googledrive.com/host/0BxYhWX_uhcC3bWJYS0V1T3Q1bWc/index.html

Peace.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #3,262 of 3,421
I just would like to say how much i love this amp. Great great soundstage with the swtich SF on , i also enjoy the swtich LF on as it gives more clarity and detail . I'm using them with my pk1 earbud and they sound great. I used to use pa2v2 and after using c&c bh2 honestly i got a little bit disappointed because i would expect the pa2v2 to perform better. I'm using mostly the c&c due to better soundstage but i don't like the fact that it is not easy to tune the volume . It isn't the most practical amp whereas the pa2v2 is easier and more practical to use. I don't like the pa2v2 output port since it demands significant strength to use the jack and to remove it afterwards.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3,263 of 3,421
  I just would like to say how much i love this amp. Great great soundstage with the swtich SF on , i also enjoy the swtich LF on as it gives more clarity and detail . I'm using them with my pk1 earbud and they sound great. I used to use pa2v2 and after using c&c bh2 honestly i got a little bit disappointed because i would expect the pa2v2 to perform better. I'm using mostly the c&c due to better soundstage but i don't like the fact that it is not easy to tune the volume . It isn't the most practical amp whereas the pa2v2 is easier and more practical to use. I don't like the pa2v2 output port since it demands significant strength to use the jack and to remove it afterwards.

I've added your impressions to the OP. Always good to see C&C BH still receiving some love.

I think the main rig I used mine was with Colorfly CK4's line out. I'd always leave the LF switch on. Ze clarity was pretty out there.

It looked nothing like an MP3 player at all though.

Makes me wonder what I was thinking sometimes....

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #3,264 of 3,421
Anyone else find a bit difficult to adjust the volume ? :) . The volume knob is tiny and the wires of input and output don't help either

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #3,265 of 3,421
Anyone else find a bit difficult to adjust the volume ? :) . The volume knob is tiny and the wires of input and output don't help either

Yeah. It's hard. I think some batches have a bad channel imbalance as well on low volumes. From what I've heard some batches are really good while some are pretty bad at low levels with sensitive iems. Mine is pretty bad but I still like it. Sound quality is good for the price. I remember when I first tried the BH, my immediate reaction was "oh ****! This is how music is supposed to sound." Now I've come to realise that the BH isn't as good as it gets but it's pretty darn good at that price. The versatility with LF/SF is nice but I find just stock, all switches off sounds the most natural to me. Everything else has a tendency to sound artificial to my ears. Maybe some larger over-ears can benefit from the switches but usually I don't use them.

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #3,266 of 3,421
I might be jumping back on the C&C BH train.  I've been speaking to a friend/member who's possibly willing to let his go cheap and I miss the little thing too much. Even though, it isn't the best amp in the world,  what it does with it's clarity and soundstage is more than enough for me to own one again.

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #3,267 of 3,421
  I might be jumping back on the C&C BH train.  I've been speaking to a friend/member who's possibly willing to let his go cheap and I miss the little thing too much. Even though, it isn't the best amp in the world,  what it does with it's clarity and soundstage is more than enough for me to own one again.

once you get to know the dark side of the force there is no way back (at least not for long)

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3,268 of 3,421
  once you get to know the dark side of the force there is no way back (at least not for long)

Total tragedy, the friend/member bailed out after one final listening sessions and going to keep his BH amp. 
rolleyes.gif

But this is ok because he is a good friend. I've begun hunting for one on the boards instead. (if not I might just buy one)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727486/wanted-c-c-bh-bh2-portable-amplifier

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #3,269 of 3,421
I already have c&c bh2 and i love it and i'm thinking of getting O2 JDS LABS amp . Is it far superior than c&c bh and i will be very impressed to justify the cash ? As i understand o2 will be more neutral and will have short battery life . 

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #3,270 of 3,421
I already have c&c bh2 and i love it and i'm thinking of getting O2 JDS LABS amp . Is it far superior than c&c bh and i will be very impressed to justify the cash ? As i understand o2 will be more neutral and will have short battery life . 

I can tell you the BH sounds quite a bit coloured compared to an O2, especially with any switches engaged. The O2 was great clean, neutral and basically invisible between your headphone and source, though if I had to label a sound on it - it was a little thin sounding and lacked some bass impact fractionally., but with good soundstage, detail and separation. In the end I went with Schiit Magni instead. (Desktop amp) . One thing luring me back to BH is it's soundstage width and imaging, I don't so much mind my C421 having more raw detail as they're rather opposite each other. BH being coloured, C421 clean and transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back