C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #3,151 of 3,421
I've just discovered this CC BH gem during my research on portable amps and dacs! Seems to be very well reviewed.

Would really appreciate some advice... I am planning to pair the BH with the new Beyerdynamic T51p and my Shure SE215 IEMs. Has anyone paired these before? Maybe with the previous T50p? I plan to use the BH with an iPod touch 4th Gen with ALACs. Thanks in advance!

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #3,152 of 3,421
If you want your 80 hour charge to last for a month, don't bother getting the Mikros 90's. They sounds so good with the BH that you'll listen to them non-stop, and that 80 hour charge might not last much more than a week! :)

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #3,154 of 3,421
This has been a very informative thread, it led me to upgrade my E6 to this amp, last week. Just so people know, Amazon has these in stock, and prime is available for it.

http://www.amazon.com/BH2-Portable-Headphone-battery-Version/dp/B00A2QJSBO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395153675&sr=8-1&keywords=C%26c+bh

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #3,156 of 3,421
I know it has been said previously in the thread, but I feel it's worth saying again. I recently got the HE-400s, and the C&C BH does quite well driving them.

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #3,157 of 3,421
This has been a very informative thread, it led me to upgrade my E6 to this amp, last week. Just so people know, Amazon has these in stock, and prime is available for it.

http://www.amazon.com/BH2-Portable-Headphone-battery-Version/dp/B00A2QJSBO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395153675&sr=8-1&keywords=C%26c+bh

So did you get it? How do you like it compared to the E6?

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #3,161 of 3,421
For me it works fine. Always has.

I guess if someone expects to boost the bass, then some other headphone amp would be better (although I wonder if any portable amp would be suitable for that with the HE-400s). But I use the high gain setting on the C&C BH, and it does very well where my Note 2 and Sansa Clip+ struggle.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #3,162 of 3,421
must just be me listening to unsafe listening levels then, lol.

for me i have to max out the dial on the volume on high gain just to get to acceptable listening levels, which seems like it does power it ok but is struggling

and i dont mind about the boosting bass, the he-400 isnt really a basshead anyway. the problem i found was that there was that there is bass clipping/distortion on alot of edm tracks with that combo. other genres sound pretty fine

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #3,163 of 3,421

for me i have to max out the dial on the volume on high gain just to get to acceptable listening levels, which seems like it does power it ok but is struggling

and i dont mind about the boosting bass, the he-400 isnt really a basshead anyway. the problem i found was that there was that there is bass clipping/distortion on alot of edm tracks with that combo. other genres sound pretty fine

Must be those crappy he-400's then.
wink.gif

Seriously, I've been using my newly aquired Nf'd T50RP's on the BH quite a bit, with the LF switch on, and they just sound fantastic without any distortion or clipping etc. Actually, I don't get that happening with any of my headphones (that I can think of). But I don't listen at uber high volumes like you are doing (would be scared to!), so that's probably it.

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #3,164 of 3,421

Must be those crappy he-400's then.
:wink:

Seriously, I've been using my newly aquired Nf'd T50RP's on the BH quite a bit, with the LF switch on, and they just sound fantastic without any distortion or clipping etc. Actually, I don't get that happening with any of my headphones (that I can think of). But I don't listen at uber high volumes like you are doing (would be scared to!), so that's probably it.

Doesn't have to mean the volume output is too high. And hearing is individual. +20dB to -20dB compared to average hearing is considered normal, albeit +20dB is rare I think. And saying that listening to x powered by y at volume z is too high could potentially be the equivalent to "Here's $2, don't spend it all at once."

Just sayin. The BH is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back