C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3,136 of 3,421
So Many options available with the BH2, that are not available with the E12.  However for straight ahead power the E12 has it.  If have used HE 400's with the BH2...........Speaks for itself!  Great small amp.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #3,138 of 3,421
I got a question for all you bh heads

I have a pair of sennheiser amperior's on the way and I was wondering how well it pairs with the c&c bh.

the bh is a bit cold and the amperior's are I guess a bit cold so I'm worried about synergy but my main worry is that the amperior's are 18 ohms, I can not pair my sony xba 3 iem's (very source picky multi ba) with the bh because the output impedance of the bh is too high. I doubt that 18 ohms could be a problem for the bh but I was curious

Thank u in advance

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #3,139 of 3,421
I got a question for all you bh heads

I have a pair of sennheiser amperior's on the way and I was wondering how well it pairs with the c&c bh.

the bh is a bit cold and the amperior's are I guess a bit cold so I'm worried about synergy but my main worry is that the amperior's are 18 ohms, I can not pair my sony xba 3 iem's (very source picky multi ba) with the bh because the output impedance of the bh is too high. I doubt that 18 ohms could be a problem for the bh but I was curious

Thank u in advance

I don't think that BH2 is a cold amp in fact it is a little bit on the warm side. I can not say anything about amperior pairing but I had used my Ultimate Ears SF5 which is 13 ohms and had no problems with BH2 pairing. BH2 also has 2 headphone outputs for low ang high impedance earphones. The second one should have an added 75 ohm resistor so there should be no problem with earphones which have too low ohm values.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #3,140 of 3,421
I don't think that BH2 is a cold amp in fact it is a little bit on the warm side. I can not say anything about amperior pairing but I had used my Ultimate Ears SF5 which is 13 ohms and had no problems with BH2 pairing. BH2 also has 2 headphone outputs for low ang high impedance earphones. The second one should have an added 75 ohm resistor so there should be no problem with earphones which have too low ohm values.
I've had the original c&c bh amp for about a year now and I can say with confidence that it is much more shrill than my arrow 4g, fiio e11, fiio e6, and fiio x3

I know fiio usually has a warm sound but the arrow 4g is as honest as it gets it's simply flat. I don't know that cold is the proper word to describe the bh. I use the LF switch and the sound kinda v shaped but sparkly as all hell

I love it

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #3,145 of 3,421

Are you planning on using it with the Cowon J3? I ordered a few days ago also and that will be my source paired with AKG 550's.

Yup. I'm planning to pair it with my J3 and I'm using the Ultrasone HFI-450 and JVC HA-FXT90. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3,146 of 3,421
I would say that BH without SF/LF is quite neutral with just added soundstage and a little soft upper mids. It's not cold. And the Out1 is measured at 0.1 ohm I think. Check ClieOS's comparison thread for measurements.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #3,147 of 3,421
its been about a year since i ordered the BH2, i dont really like this amp for anything except for soundstage and battery life (as well as decent ability to power headphones). the audio cable holes are also badly designed, doesn't go in properly and keeps falling out.

the good thing is that it pairs really well with my digital piano and makes it sound very airy and spacious. a very enjoyable sound for piano.

i still do enjoy my e11 more, especially the bass boost. the only downside of the e11 is the battery life and inability to charge, which are dealbreakers for convenience to the point that i just have been using my BH2.

i will be ordering a fiio e12. guess this amp was never for me. its a very good amp for its price range, but not all that its cracked up to be, most people will see it as a clear upgrade to e11 (and i see why) in every area except bass boost, but i think the e12 will beat this in a lot of areas..

its a decent amp though and i dont regret my purchase, will still be using it for playing piano

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #3,148 of 3,421
AFAIK This amp does a wonderful synergy with my Denon C301. I was using my ZO for the last weeks, but the ZO has ran out of battery so I did change for the BH since I haven't charged my other amp yet.

It does a superb job. The soundstage is spacious, the mids and highs are clean and natural, the bass is of course not as pushed as the ZO's bass, but it is dynamic and clear. It thumps like a subwoofer would do, but not like a boomblaster would. If you see what I mean. 

Every time I switch from a gear to another between my babies I can't help but think that "I already have some serious things there, I love these!" and I'm not in Summit-Fi haha, just a couple of portable amps, some headphones and earphones, a Boombox and way to go. 

I don't think that I could have found a better amp for its price (I got it for +-55$ new and shipped).

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,149 of 3,421
  AFAIK This amp does a wonderful synergy with my Denon C301. I was using my ZO for the last weeks, but the ZO has ran out of battery so I did change for the BH since I haven't charged my other amp yet.

It does a superb job. The soundstage is spacious, the mids and highs are clean and natural, the bass is of course not as pushed as the ZO's bass, but it is dynamic and clear. It thumps like a subwoofer would do, but not like a boomblaster would. If you see what I mean. 

Every time I switch from a gear to another between my babies I can't help but think that "I already have some serious things there, I love these!" and I'm not in Summit-Fi haha, just a couple of portable amps, some headphones and earphones, a Boombox and way to go. 

I don't think that I could have found a better amp for its price (I got it for +-55$ new and shipped).

+1. Very happy with the BH amp. Makes a lot of my stuff sing. Right now it is in the process of making my Mikros 90's into something formidable :)

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #3,150 of 3,421

I'm planning to use my CC BH2 for my Damson Oyster Portable Speakers. I feel that there will be great synergy between them because of the blasting bass and slightly recessed mids and treble. The good news is that they still put out quite a bit of detail, regardless of the intense bass slightly overshadowing the rest of the frequency.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back