C&C BH final thoughts after purchase
Feb 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mpawluk91

1000+ Head-Fier
Well I burned in my bh for 120 hours and now it's good to go. The only things about it that people didn't understand was the dual outputs and the sf switch. First off this is an amazing little amp once you have it set up properly. Both outputs are for headphones of different impedance (ohms) output one is for hungrier headphones that have higher ohms. I use the ue 6000 which is 50 ohms and output 1 with low gain is perfect. High gain is too much power and it doesn't need it so it sounds bad. But I also have some jays 1 iem's and they're rated at 16 ohms (requires less power) so output 1 is wayyy too much power, plug them into output 2 with low gain and they're awesome. The real confusion is what's the difference between output 1 with low gain and outpu 2 with high gain, we'll there is an answer output 2 with high gain gives more power than output 1 with low gain so since my 50 ohm cans sound good with out 1 low gain I'm thinking maybe out 2 high gain is for like 70 ohm cans or 80. Out 1 on high is prolly for like 300 ohm cans. And the sf switch pretty much makes background noise and detail more noticeable. The sf switch sounds horrible with drowning pool it makes it more distorted and nasty. On the other hand the sf switch turned on listening to the doors sounded absolutely beautiful and articulate VERY DETAILED. So it really just comes down to the genre you're listening to

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for sharing mpawluk91,

You're welcome to share your impression in the main C&C BH thread, I can link it to the OP with the other impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back