C&C 3
Mar 29, 2007 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

nghiasays

100+ Head-Fier
Who is playing Command and Conquer 3 and what do you think of it? I just picked it up yesterday and I think it was done very well. I love the videos in between the missions and its not hard at all to pick up on the gameplay. Its a must for RTS lovers.

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 13
You reckon an old 9800PRO with 1GB DDR and athlon 2500XP will choke playing this?

The moment I saw the graphic (most recent games actually), I gave it up already, I think my PC is getting too old for current games.

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You reckon an old 9800PRO with 1GB DDR and athlon 2500XP will choke playing this?

The moment I saw the graphic (most recent games actually), I gave it up already, I think my PC is getting too old for current games.

Play on low lighting settings and it'll run fine. The engine for C&C3 is just the Generals engine with better lighting and texture work.

As for the game, it's classic, fast paced C&C with an extra dose of paper/rock/scissors. I was afraid it'd feel antiquated compared to Supreme Commander and Company of Heroes, but it holds up surprisingly well.

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 13
I picked up the demo the hour it came out and have been playing it since then. The only new things that have promise for me are the variety of settings for AI in skirmish

Quote:

I have a 9800, 2400+, and 512mb DDR. The game runs fine at the lower graphical settings, but doesn't look all that great. I overclocked to a 3200+ and it made some difference, but I think the limitation is the RAM and graphics card. You should download the demo and post your findings

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Here are the offical min. req. listed on EA's C&C3 webiste: http://www.commandandconquer.com/gam...ault.aspx#faq3

OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit; 64-bit versions of Vista are not supported)

CPU: 2.0GHz or high, or AMD equivalent, Vista - 2.2 GHZ

RAM: 512 MB or more, Vista - 1GB RAM or more

Disk Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive for retail SKUs, not required for digitally downloaded version

Hard Drive: 6.0 GB or more of free space

Video: GeForce4, ATI Radeon 8500 or greater (ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX cards not supported.). Windows Vista - NVIDIA GeForce 6100 or ATI Radeon 9500 or greater. Labtop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Network, Internet Multiplayer: 2 players (no voice support) – 56 Kbps Internet connection; 2-8 players (with voice transmission) – Broadband-class connection

Mar 29, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 13
Oh man. I remember the days of C&C. I didn't know CC3 was out yet! Too bad it looks like starcraft.

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 13
If you play with low settings this game doesn't need an incredible computer.

I can play it on my 2,5 year old laptop (pentium m 1,7 ghz, 768 mb ram and radeon 9600 mobile)

Only the nuclear missile causes slowdown

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 13
I have played the demo a bunch since it came out and find it quite boring compared to the past C&Cs... then again I have also grown up a bit since then.
frown.gif

Perhaps I should pickup the full game.

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man. I remember the days of C&C. I didn't know CC3 was out yet! Too bad it looks like starcraft.

Me 2... And building sandbag barriers to block stupid AI...
biggrin.gif
Then, just harvest a huge army and run over with it.

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

I will give it a try when I have the chance to download the demo. About Supreme Commander, I think I should just forget that one, heh?

I was thinking about that one but when I read it really taxes a powerful system I changed my mind.

Mar 30, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me 2... And building sandbag barriers to block stupid AI...
biggrin.gif
Then, just harvest a huge army and run over with it.

Exactly! The good ol' days. Just the feeling of power when you spend 2 days building some sort of holy army standing by at the base for the incredible 10 second invasion. Ahh.....

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #13 of 13
I was a crazy fan of C&C: Red Alert. Still one of the best strategy games ever made (bar some grude graphics
biggrin.gif
).

I'll have to demo-test this one, can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back