Bypass potentiometer on Bravo audio V2
Dec 16, 2016 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Carcajou

Head-Fier
Hi!

I want to transform my Bravo Audio V2 (which I no longer use) into a headphone power amp and control the volume only from my Micca Origen + by removing the potentiometer.

I fear that by simply bypassing the potentiometer and having it run full blast all the time i might end-up having too much distortion.

How much resistance should I add to have the equivalent of setting the knob at 75% ?  I know I could simply set the knob and leave it there, but I'm doing this mostly for fun/learning.

Thanks!

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 5
do you have a multimeter? set the knob to where you'd like it and measure the resistance across it, thats the value resistor you need.

Thanks for your answer. Yes I tried, but I was confused since it seemed like the higher I turned the volume the higher the resistance was getting. Is that normal (sorry I only have very basic electrical knowledge)? Thanks!

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 5
yes thats normal, fully turned clockwise will put a pot at its max resistance. fully counter clockwise will give you 0, basically open circuit. 

Unless its wired backwards of course.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 5
yes thats normal, fully turned clockwise will put a pot at its max resistance. fully counter clockwise will give you 0, basically open circuit. 

Unless its wired backwards of course.

Got it, thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back