By boss is a real jerkoff.
Jan 28, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #32 of 35
Let me preface this with the acknowledgement that I know noting about labor law in Maine. I'm not even a lawyer.

However, if the lady was fired for SUSPICION of theft, but the company can't PROVE she stole anything, I would expect a judge to give her her job back, with back pay. If she fits any protected class of person, like say ... being a female, and can prove discrimination she may end up owning a piece of the company.

If the company CAN prove that she stole something, then she is likely out of work, looking for a new job.

The fate of your boss is in the hands of his superiors, and will likely depend on the outcome of the fired person's legal case.

Just my two cents.

Jan 28, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
...and then we wonder why we don't get ahead in life.
...or why "foreigners" come to the US with nothing and
have a thriving business in 2 years.
...or why the rest of the world sees americans as fat lazy hogs.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

but back to the post.
Even if she stole, he has to act professional in the workplace.
example: He could have simply called the cops and let them excort her out.

There really is no excuse for him to act that way towards her
and in front of another worker.

It's very simple operant conditioning. You do enough work to get the reward and nothing extra. Why waste the energy. If you are put in a position that doing more work or fast work gets you a bigger reward, then you will do more work or work faster. It is just simple conditioning.

Jan 29, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #34 of 35
After that little tirade, if there is no solid proof, and the woman files suit, your boss will be fired next. Well, if she get's ambitious, and a good lawyer, you might want to start looking for another job, if the company's a small one, it could go bankrupt. Well worst case senario.

What? Don't listen to me, it's just all crazy talk, I tell ya!

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back