BX5a with which subwoofer and soundcard?
Apr 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eXpander

New Head-Fier

I just bought the Bx5a recently and i just bought the Dayton subwoofer, i also want a good sound card for my audio set up.. i DJ and produce music so this is going to be really important to me.. my budget on a soundcard is 200 dollars

my music of choise is progressive, trance, house, and DnB thanks in advanced guys :D

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Look into the Xonar Essence STX for a good soundcard. If you want it for gaming as well, Auzentech X-Fi Forte might be a good alternative, but most tend to go towards the STX/ST.

Also, if you want, you could also look into DAC's. They're in essence external sound cards, and ones that you plug into their own power supply would have less electronic noise from the computer's power supply. So if you experience any static noises that is something you can consider, I personally haven't found it impacting my speakers very much and I have 10ft cables as well (more surface area for interference). Just do a quick search for DAC's around here and you'll find what you want.

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Most X-Fi cards have long term reliability problems. That includes both Creative & Auzentech. The chip gets overly hot & eventially starts either popping sounds(Auzentech in about 1 year usage or less) or causing data corruption (Creative in 1-2 years time) that will cause the PC to start crashing & having to reboot several times in a day. Tha Asus cards despite having likewise poor driver support at least up till recently actually have better long term reliability than anything with the X-Fi chip.

Not sure about the X-Fi titanium reliablity which has native PCI express interface though. That may do better than original X-Fi chip which is PCI.

I recommend the Asus STX, ST, D2/PM or Xense for high quality listening & will work well with most games as I have read on here (I'm not a gamer myself so youll have to take others opinion on that as I am here in my statement).

My Tannoy TS10 subwoofer works well with my modded BX5's so they should work well with the BX5a's but may be a little pricey un less you can find a used one or one on sale. My subwoofer has been modded but worked well both before & after mods. Just deeper extension afer mods.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
how did you connect the bx5a's and the sub btw?

With an RCA signal splitter then to a standard RCA cable & finally to an RCA to tip/ring (two conductor) type phono plug for the BX5's & just a standard set of RCA cable to the subwoofer from the signal splitter. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back