buzzing sound from KSC75s what did I do?
Mar 24, 2006 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

afireinside

100+ Head-Fier
This morning I noticed that bass on my KSC75's produces a buzzing sound in the left ear. More so at higher volumes than lower. Did I ruin the driver doing the kramer mods? I bent a bit of the aluminum foil when I popped the grille off to mod it. Odd thing is it seems to go away if I press the headphone to my ear and I haven't noticed it until this morning so could it be something else? Cable maybe? Sorry I'm new to this stuff so I'm pretty clueless
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 6
Yea, mine were buzzing in the left as well after I did the kramer mod.
I removed the driver cover to check if there was any debris in there. My eyees didnt see anything, but I took a can of compressed air and sprayed the driver from a safe distance. I played some music before putting the driver cover back on and the buzzing was gone. Now my Kramer-modded KSC-75's are jumping to a happy tune!

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 6
An additional trick that I just never happened to think of when it happened to me is that if by chance you bend the aluminum in the drivers, just take some weak tape and let it stick to the indented part and pull it back up. My KSC75s were bent for the longest time until I was like "duh! tape!"

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 6
When my RHS driver got dented, it magically received a slight boost in bass and better treble, so i just left it dented =) Now the right driver sounds better than the left. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back