Buzzing sound Audeze LCD XC
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Judgedredd

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone can help me with my issue.
It's quite simple, I have a buzzing sound in mostly medium/high frequencies on the left earcup. It's always there and quite noticable.
I sent the headphone on RMA to Audeze, and it just came back with the same issue, they say they changed the driver. I don't think the issue is coming from the amp because with an other headphone on the same output, I don't hear this buzzing sound.
Finally, if I swap the left and right side with the cable, now I have the buzzing sound on the right side.
Can anyone help me ? Should I ask Audeze again for an RMA ?

Thanks.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 10
If you swap the cable LR and the buzzing swaps, it's likely the cable.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 10
You should try cleaning the connectors.

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 10
Haha, if the problem switched sides after you switched the cable, then it's a cable problem. Glad to see it's a simple order new replacement cable rather than you having to send it in again. Maybe get a nicer cable than the stock audeze from openheart or hartaudio?

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 10
Ensure it is not your source or ground loop.

A typical response we provide since many times it's not the headphone:

LCD-XC is a very efficient headphone and the humming you're hearing is most likely a ground loop. This depends on the amplifier and upstream components; some are more sensitive to ground loops and some don't care at all. From our experience, amplifiers with external power supplies are less prone to ground loop problems.

One simple test can help you tell if it's a ground loop issue: If removing one of the upstream interconnect cables (either RCA or XLR) eliminates the humming, then a ground loop is what causes it. If this doesn't change the hum, it could still be a loop or other ground issue.

Sometimes rearranging positions of the cables relative to amplifiers and possible sources of hum can eliminate it completely or reduce it to acceptable levels. Another option is the so-called "hum eliminator" which is a small box with two transformers that galvanically separates the amplifier from the source(s) of hum. There are a lot of available options starting at $20-30 up to several hundred, depending on the quality of transformers, brand, type of connectors etc.

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #8 of 10
Well, sorry for the delay, but here is an update.
I just received the new cable from openheart (even changed the connector with 4pin XLR), with exactly the same issue as before.

@Mad Lust Envy : tried removing one upstream XLR cable, still have the issue on one side as before.

Any other idea ?

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #10 of 10
I ordered a new amp to check (Topping A70 pro), and the hissing sound disappeared ! I'm a bit disapointed because I had a Flux lab FA 10 that should be good enough.
So yeah it came from the amp, only the LCD XC pickep up the impefections, due to the sensitivity probably. Case closed, thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back