buzzing in left earbud. HELP!
Dec 16, 2008 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AgainstTheGrain

500+ Head-Fier
there is a periodic buzzing in my left earbud for about a second or so. Any ideas?

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhotchikxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that could be tinnitus, the great head-fi affliction. go to a doc to make sure

the sound isn't being emmited from my ear but the actual headphone. the sound similar to when you're in a car and someone's cell phone rings and there is a little zzzz...zzzz noise that emits from the speaker closest to the cell phone. i assume its because of the frequencies.

the sound only occurs with the se530s, not with any other headphone i use.

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 8
Ooooh, ok, yea then in most cases there is a signal being sent around the headphones and they are picking it up. If it happens from time to time it might be a cell phone call (I doubt it though).
But I don't know for sure. Might be a problem with the headphones :/

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooooh, ok, yea then in most cases there is a signal being sent around the headphones and they are picking it up. If it happens from time to time it might be a cell phone call (I doubt it though).
But I don't know for sure. Might be a problem with the headphones :/

meh if its the headphones i'll just swap em out. wouldnt be the first time i swaped them.

as a note the last like 2 days i've switched the pockets i hold my cell phone and ipod in. the cell is in my left pant pocket and ipod in my right coat pocket...so far no noise for two days so i believe that was the problem. if the noise returns i'll just replace the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back