Buzing sound, could a amp help?
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ChocolateFinger

New Head-Fier
The front audio port on my computer is making a electric buzzing noise, 100% sure this has to do with bad grounding. The other problem is that sometimes the audio goes out, and dose not work at all. I have to unplug and replug the headphones for it to work again. The back three 3.1 ports don't have static but are quieter and also require a unplug and replug sometimes as well.. This is getting too be too much, I need a solution. So my question is, what dac/amp can I buy that will give me no buzzing noise, no static, no crackle when there is NOTHING playing. I sit in silence sometimes for a few min between songs and this is a must. I want dead silence. I'm also looking to spend as little money as possible since I don't need anything boosted, my audio quality is fine, it's plenty loud, the headphones do a good job on their own, so I basically just need a quiet, reliable dac/amp for as little money as I can spend, hopefully under $50.

Any recommendations? Remember, I just want reliable, quiet, static free, everything else dose not matter, as the headphones do a great job on their own and I'm not picky.

Thanks!

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 14
To me it sounds more like a jack plug issue like the plug you are using is not reaching the ground ( sleeve ).  Are you using an adapter to plug your headphones into your PC?  If so try another adapter making sure it is a decent quality stereo TRS plug.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 14
No I'm not using anything external. Just the two ports on the front of my computer and the three in the back.

Also, the headphones are samson sr850 and they do not have a addapter, just a standard 3.5mm jack. I've tested them with my ipod and other computer and it's 100% my computer at fault.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:
Bump, would the fiio f11 be ok? Does anyone have one and can verify its silent and makes no buzzing?

The fiio won't stop the buzzing or the issues with the sound cutting out as you have to connect it to those jacks. You can go with a USB DAC - it's the sure way to bypass any internal issues and buzzing sounds. The cheapest way will be to go with something like the ELE DAC which is like $18 and probably way better than your internal sound card. After that if you think you need more power, which I doubt you can pick up an amp to pair it with it. Of course you can go with a more expensive option and maybe a DAC/amp combo

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
The fiio won't stop the buzzing or the issues with the sound cutting out as you have to connect it to those jacks. You can go with a USB DAC - it's the sure way to bypass any internal issues and buzzing sounds. The cheapest way will be to go with something like the ELE DAC which is like $18 and probably way better than your internal sound card. After that if you think you need more power, which I doubt you can pick up an amp to pair it with it. Of course you can go with a more expensive option and maybe a DAC/amp combo

So wait, the ELE DAC wont work with a amp later? What can I get that will then?

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 14
Yes it will work. To be clear I meant that you can get a DAC and amp in one device which will be more expensive

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #10 of 14
Well, your cheaper options are probably the SMSL Fort http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-FORT-PCM2704USB-MUSIC-DAC-Sound-card-Headphone-Amplifier-/170927178409?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item27cc0dc2a9 or maybe the Ha Info U2 Plus V2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/HA-INFO-U2PLUSV2-AD1852-USB-Sound-Card-3-5mm-Headphone-Amplifier-SPDIF-USB-DAC-/380477285512?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item589636a488 but while some people have praised it I have no idea how good it is. Of course for more money you'll have more options but I'm trying to keep it around the $50 mark.

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #13 of 14
Looks OK for the price. 24/96 is nice if you have need for it. Not too familiar with Syba though. Couldn't find its output impedance to check for compatibility with the Superlux, but it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back