Buying wire in bulk for bal XLR
Nov 9, 2017 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Autostart

500+ Head-Fier
Can someone point me in the right direction for buying wire in bulk to build balanced and non balanced headphone cables? I would like high grade copper / silver 22awg, 24awg and 26awg - Twisted and round - 4, 8 and 12 core multi strand made for hi res audio.

Ultimately I would like to buy and build different cables with different wire to test. I have done some research and mostly come up with all ready made cables at extremely high prices. I wouldn't mind using the same wire that is in high demand and sought after as to keep it simple and to know I have a quality product / wire.

Thanks in advance

Nov 9, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 6
Thank you for the reply ProtegeManiac. I was able to find plenty of cable similar to the one you linked. I am really curious to find cable like the one here shown in the picture. Is there a catch-ALL type of company that specializes in cables only?
IMG_9481_1400x.jpg

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Thank you for the reply ProtegeManiac. I was able to find plenty of cable similar to the one you linked. I am really curious to find cable like the one here shown in the picture. Is there a catch-ALL type of company that specializes in cables only?

What do you mean? Canare specializes in cables and that was bulk cable in the link. If you mean the individual conductors that you need to totally braid by yourself (unlike stripping a Starquad and then braiding them from the Y-junction up to the earcup entry/plugs), those are available from brands like Mundorf, Cardas, and Kimber.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #6 of 6
https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/headphone-cable-bulk.html

Is there a company in the USA that sells cable like this? IE. Twisted 4, 8 or 12 core. Maybe I am asking the wrong question or wording it wrong and I apologize for that

I only know Kimber but you have to braid them yourself. They just have the individual runs that AFAIK they use several of for each + and - terminal for speaker cables, you just don't need more than one for each point on a headphone cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back