Buying used from Amazon?
Aug 23, 2010 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

darth_vato

Head-Fier
I was just wondering if anyone has bought a pair of used headphones from Amazon. Anything I should know or be cautious of?

Headphones in question: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000F2BLTW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 13
I've bough a bunch of stuff used from Amazon, including headphones.

However, 96% is not a great rating.  That's1 out of every 25 people who have a problem with the seller.  I generally look for 98 or higher.  I don't care if it's Amazon fulfilled or not.

With that said however, if you *really* want what they are selling, look at the bad feedback specifically to see what the problems have been.  And you could always PM the seller to get a "feel" for them too.  And then let your gut be your guide.

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
I've bough a bunch of stuff used from Amazon, including headphones.

However, 96% is not a great rating.  That's1 out of every 25 people who have a problem with the seller.  I generally look for 98 or higher.  I don't care if it's Amazon fulfilled or not.

With that said however, if you *really* want what they are selling, look at the bad feedback specifically to see what the problems have been.  And you could always PM the seller to get a "feel" for them too.  And then let your gut be your guide.

Problem is that WarehouseDeals is an Amazon subsidiary. Think of it as Amazon, but they only sell used or open box electronic items.

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 13

Problem is that WarehouseDeals is an Amazon subsidiary. Think of it as Amazon, but they only sell used or open box electronic items.

I know that.  The problem is that if Amazon themselves had a satisfaction rating, do you think it would be 96%?  I don't.  I've dealt with Amazon themselves enough over time that I'd easily give them a 99 or 100%.  And I've also dealt with sellers of lesser ratings, and that's why I now tend to shy away from anything as low as a 96%.  But ymmv.

I'm not saying don't buy from a seller with a 96% rating.  I'm saying ... be careful.  :)

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 13
Amazon has about the easiest and painless return/exchange process I have ever used, and that includes the customer service desk at Walmart.  If I've ever purchased something from Amazon that was faulty, below expectations, or not as described, within about 4 clicks of the mouse it was returned.

It's worth a try.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 13
I suspect they are B stock, meaning they were returns or demos that have been refurbed.  If Amazon has any decent stock in these, I seriously doubt they cherry-picked for used cans.  They must have gotten a huge shipment of refurbs.

Quote:
Wow, that's a pretty good price from a reputable dealer, even if used.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 13
With free shipping and easy return (if it's not as described or defective, return shipping should also be free), you've got nothing to lose.  Amazon has never trapped me into keeping something I wasn't satisfied with.

50 bucks is good money for an amp or a few new albums.

Quote:
So you think I should go for it? I would normally buy them new, but I was going to use that extra 50 bucks towards a new amp to go with it.

Thanks again for your input.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
With free shipping and easy return (if it's not as described or defective, return shipping should also be free), you've got nothing to lose.  Amazon has never trapped me into keeping something I wasn't satisfied with.

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back