Buying tubes in UK/europe?
May 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

StefanAvey

New Head-Fier
I am close to buying a Cavalli liquid glass amp or maybe a Woo WA22 but I'm not sure of the best place to buy quality reliable tubes from in the UK or Europe.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

May 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 5
My short list came from reviews in magazines like hifi plus. Then really the community views regarding amp which suit the LCD-3's. I am not against looking at UK amps but nothing really popped up.
I can't really demo my short list against a UK amp as I will have no point of reference on which to compare it so I may as well just go with expert opinion plus community opinion with my gut feeling on top.

May 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the info. The Hugo looks interesting but I'm already running my old Chord dac64.
The whole world of tubes is new to me and it opens up a whole new world of tweaking. I have heard that the lcd-3's may be a bit fussy when it comes to tube amps that's why the liquid glass is top of the list as it's a hybrid, plus I understand it takes a huge amount of different tubes and may be quite tollerant when it comes to people like me jamming strange things in it.
I may later graduate to more exotic tube amps with recifiers etc. I do love the look of some of those full on tube amps.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back