buying this week: K701 or D2000...or other?!
Jul 12, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #31 of 32
update:

so i ended up canceling my D2000 order (sorry Kohn & AC!) because im flying out to LA for 5 weeks on wednesday and even if they shipped it there, i wouldnt be able to audition properly since i wouldnt have my rig

this is not necessarily a bad thing since now i really get to home in on what headphone i want which i sort of just posted about in my "closed K701" thread where i said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kukrisna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i also want the tone quality to be very natural - one thing that's still bothering me about the K701 is that is has a slight feeling of sounding artificial compared to the K501 - other than that i love it

so closed, natural sounding, high detail/resolution, relatively airy, great instrument separation/placement, great soundstage, no overdone bass, great with classical/jazz/acoustic things, listenable with everything else, hopefully great with movies as well - and by closed i mean no leakage, but i dont care about isolation

now that i think about, im probably looking for a mix between the K701 and the K501 (in other words everything i said in the quote) with maybe a hair more bottom end, a hair more forgiving, and ideally closed (in terms of leakage, not isolation) but this last part i can sort of live without

preferably in production, and let's say W5000 price and under? haha

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #32 of 32
hmm - lots of people have been suggesting AT phones but no one has really said which ones...comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back