Buying Shure SE530 from Ebay - safe?
Oct 4, 2007 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ZzBOG

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Before plunging some $400 down ebay, I'm trying to get the full picture.

Did anybody of you get positive experience from dealing with Ebay headphone stores?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...PTH&category0=

Like any of these?

Is it safe? I mean any of the shops with "Buy it now" option?

I've dealt with Ebay, buying some lesser stuff and don't want to risk $400. Though $100 difference between those prices and the ones in usual shops is noticable.

Advices? Please?

Or anybody can recommend a trustworthy shop, selling SE530 with prices as good as those?

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 4
woah woah, first off $400 for these headphones is way too much. You can typically find them for anywhere between $250-$350 from reputable online stores. Do a search for this in the headphones forum and the headphone FS forum... there has been this discussion many times and people have found great deals.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 4
The posted retail price is $500, and Shure's policy prevents authorized dealers from posting cheaper prices. However, in many cases, dealers (e.g., Head-Fi sponsor EarphoneSolutions.com) offer unadvertised lower prices. Send email or call and ask for their best price.

If the price from a reputable dealer who also offers a money back guarantee is $450 versus $400 from a ebay seller, I'd go with the authorized dealer.

Edit: based on gnychis' post, it's obvious that OP should do some more shopping around.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 4
It appears most people here would buy the discontinued E500-PTH from bobsound1 which is supposedly the same as the SE530 but a whole lot cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back