Buying SE530 From eBay
Apr 23, 2009 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ipodlover77

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, i have a quick question. I would ask the seller but i am afraid they may give me misleading info so i decided not to. Does anyone know which Se530's they have on sale on ebay have a legit warranty? I understand shure does not honor many warranty's because they were bought on ebay so i was wondering if there were any authorized dealers on ebay that shure would honor the warranty. thanks guys!

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 12
i'm also interested in this
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 12
I just got off the phone w/ Shure in regards to a similar type of question. Honestly, Shure seems like they handle the whole warranty/authorized dealer situation in a very gray area. It's not complete black & white. By this, I mean, the "official" policy states that it must be an authorized reseller, however, I've had several people at Shure tell me they'll honor the warranty as long as the product is genuine, and you have a valid receipt. That being said, they're probably a little more strict in regards to ebay sellers, since many on ebay have been known to sell fake shure's. If wanting to save money, I'd stick w/ a 3rd party vendor on amazon.com or buy.com. Just my humble opinion. You can always call & ask them yourself (800) 25-SHURE. Good Luck!

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 12
agreed, I personally wouldnt risk it w/ something that expensive. Ebay is just too hairy. As I said, keep an eye on Amazon. They're much safer, and I just bought some from an amazon seller for around $270 who technically isnt "authorized seller", but Shure told me they'd honor the warranty.

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 12
I know thre are Shure fakes out there, but as far as I know, to this day there are no SE530 fakes out there, unless I've missed something.

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 12
Whats the reason of this big price difference ? I just googled for the price of SE530...

its $450 at amazon,bestbuy,J&R,dell,tigerdirect

its in $310-320 range at buy.com and other unheard of(for me) sellers!

Is it the difference between authorized & non-authorized sellers ?

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By this, I mean, the "official" policy states that it must be an authorized reseller, however, I've had several people at Shure tell me they'll honor the warranty as long as the product is genuine, and you have a valid receipt.

That has been my experience as well. In fact, they don't always require a receipt either. The manufacture date is stamped on the IEMs so they can go off that if lacking a receipt. And, even out of warranty, they cover some things regardless -- particularly the splitting cable issue that happened with the older style cables.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #12 of 12
check with soundearphones.com, which i think is a sponsor of this forum (i have no connection with these guys, btw). i just bought a pair from him, and i thought his price was pretty reasonable: more than the cheapest price on ebay, less than the 319 someone saw on amazon. they are an authorized dealer (they told me so and i verified with shure). for me, it was worth a few more dollars to be sure i would not have warranty issues, but to each his own on how much the additional confidence is worth.

btw, i also called shure a few weeks ago to ask about warranty from various sellers. they told me that buying through amazon was likely not a problem (i would have bought from amazon, but soundearphones was better), but ebay was riskier. they did not tell me categorically they would not honor an ebay purchase -- my sense is the issue there is whether the phones are fake or not, as someone already suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back