Buying refurbished?
Nov 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 8
i did buy a pair of refurbished Shure's for a disgracefully low price and one of the channels was playing up, but they were going for about $10 or something. other than that, i've never hada a problem with refurbished gear.

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 8
Refurbished should be okay; unless it is a certain brand, known for units falling apart after several days of use. Just read between the lines and stay watchful
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 8
Refurbished units generally have to be cleared by the company as "fit for resale".
They should be fine, and will probably be stamped if they are truly refurbished

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 8
I think 'refurbished' most of the time actually means 'returned'. One customer opens the box, uses it, doesn't like it and sends it back. It gets inspected on obvious flaws and then sold for lower price. It should not be a problem.

Nov 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 8
it's a good way to save money. if the company who makes the item clears the item it usually is the same as buying the item new but for a lot less. most of the time they will not include the original box and give you a lesser warranty but for the amount youd be saving what would you want the company to do? bottom line is that it's more or less the same as new.

Nov 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 8
I generally trust refurbs because they've actually been looked at by someone and checked for defects. Still, give them a good exam once you get them and make note of the return policy. Picked up some nice rockboxable DAPs this way.

Nov 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 8
I got a pair refurbished for about $55 shipped and they came in like new condition. The headphones turn so they ship flat. And they sound great.

I'd be more worried that with some systems the bass can really be bloated with the 238s. One of my projects today is to finish tweaking the equalization of my Audio7 to optomize the sound.

Trees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back