Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #5,252 of 5,364
Quote:
Which would you suggest for drum and bass/dubstep (all that), electronic and folk music mainly?

I like a good amount of bass in my music but not ear painful haha.

Really appreciate it

For drum and folk, I recommend SE215, and for electronic, I recommend EPH. If you are big on folk and bass, I say SE215 Bass edition. But EPH has better highs and clarity.

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #5,253 of 5,364
Quote:
For drum and folk, I recommend SE215, and for electronic, I recommend EPH. If you are big on folk and bass, I say SE215 Bass edition. But EPH has better highs and clarity.

Thanks for the reply, is there a difference in sound quality? I'm big on relaxing folk kind of music and also loud bassy music for my workouts. I'm also really into daft punk's new album which is more electronic and funk..The se215 bass edition is the limited edition blue one right? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-NEW-SHURE-215-LIMITED-EDITION-TRANSLUCENT-BLUE-IN-EAR-EARPHONE-SE215LTD-/221165049713?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item337e76d771

Which would you recommend?

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #5,254 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, is there a difference in sound quality? I'm big on relaxing folk kind of music and also loud bassy music for my workouts. I'm also really into daft punk's new album which is more electronic and funk..The se215 bass edition is the limited edition blue one right? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-NEW-SHURE-215-LIMITED-EDITION-TRANSLUCENT-BLUE-IN-EAR-EARPHONE-SE215LTD-/221165049713?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item337e76d771

Which would you recommend?

For relaxing sound with bass capability, SE215 bass edition is the way. The iem in the link is the bass edition.

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #5,255 of 5,364
Quote:
I don't like to butt into this thread often, at all, but I'm going to have to very respectfully disagree with this recommendation.
They have good bass and iPhone controls. That's the only thing they have from the requirements. I suppose they are pretty durable too.

They are edgy and aggressive and resultantly fatiguing for long periods. The housings are huge which might be an issue with comfort and being able to sleep in them comfortably. Also, they are nowhere near transparent.

I unfortunately don't have a recommendation. The remote requirement cuts out a lot of options.

Do you have anything to say about the other headphones that I was thinking of?

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #5,256 of 5,364
Quote:
Do you have anything to say about the other headphones that I was thinking of?

Unfortunately I don't. This isn't really my forte these days and I haven't heard any of those. Warren, can you help?

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #5,258 of 5,364
Quote:
Really appreciate your help, last question, how much of an upgrade are the se315's and se425s for the music I listen to (I have found a good price 1 week used)

SE315 is very mid centric with extremely rolled off highs and bass. SE315 is more specialized for mids, so if you like for bass and treble, SE315 will not be an upgrade. SE425, on the other hand, is meant to be neutral. They don't have that impact SE215's bass has, and has more treble. If you like mid bass or even warm sound, SE425 is not an good option. Now, SE535 is a different story. They've got good mid bass and mid. Speaking of value, SE215 and SE425 is the best imo. I would go with SE215.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #5,259 of 5,364
Quote:

Yes actually, the Numark Electrowave.  Please note that it will look pretty big on your head if you'll be stepping out with them (just giving you a heads-up
wink.gif
).

Awesome thanks! 

Would you mind providing other suggestions? I want some options for my research. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #5,260 of 5,364
Quote:
SE315 is very mid centric with extremely rolled off highs and bass. SE315 is more specialized for mids, so if you like for bass and treble, SE315 will not be an upgrade. SE425, on the other hand, is meant to be neutral. They don't have that impact SE215's bass has, and has more treble. If you like mid bass or even warm sound, SE425 is not an good option. Now, SE535 is a different story. They've got good mid bass and mid. Speaking of value, SE215 and SE425 is the best imo. I would go with SE215.

Sounds great, it seems like lots of great IEM's that i've found wont have the bass I'm looking for. I was researching westone's and am I right to say only the westone 3's have great bass? Or did I get the wrong end of the stick

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #5,261 of 5,364
Quote:
Sounds great, it seems like lots of great IEM's that i've found wont have the bass I'm looking for. I was researching westone's and am I right to say only the westone 3's have great bass? Or did I get the wrong end of the stick

Yup. W3 has good bass and treble. V shaped sound sig with recessed vocals. Might not be so good for vocal/acoustic kind of songs.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #5,263 of 5,364
Quote:
How are the Westone 2's or UM2's for bass? If they are a no go then I guess the final question is se215 or re-400?

Thanks for all your help

UM2 has more bass and Westone 2 has better mids. I have not heard them both, and these are words from another reviewer. I also don't know much about re-400's bass. Sorry.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #5,264 of 5,364
Could somebody please compare the transparency/clarity, bass (quantity and quality), comfort, and durability between the westone um1 and shure se215, and the denon ah-c300 and sony xba4ip. (Also some opinions on the klipsch image s4i rugged and the denon ah-c560. (I mean could you compare them in pairs)

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #5,265 of 5,364
Hello,

I'm looking for an In-ear headset to use mainly for Skype/Google hangouts work meetings and phone calls but also to listen to music, under 50 bucks. I've a pair of Brainwavz R1 but unluckily not the mic version, they are great and I was looking for something similar in soundstage. I have read a lot of threads from Head-fi and my list til now is:
  1. MEElectronics M9P  (18 usd)
  2. Soundmagic PL21 / MP21 (22 usd)
  3. Nuforce NE-600M (30 usd)
  4. Brainwavz M5 (45 usd)
  5. Klipsch Image S4A (49 usd)

It seems that the Nuforce 600M is a good candidate and at a good price. What do you think guys? any other recommendation ?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back