Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 27, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #4,906 of 5,364
Quote:

I sense an interesting story behind that... are you sure about the "accidentally" part? 
smile.gif

Aha!  As I have the UE600, I have a basis of comparison here.  Honestly, I'd go for the RHA MA450i.  What you lose in fidelity, you make up for with a whole LOTTA fun! 

If I'm understanding your sound requirements correctly, I think that will fit the bill nicely with its:  warmer and stronger bass and sub-bass response; lower-mid and mids focus for vocals; and a bump in the upper-mids for that extra bit of sparkle (and even a little air).

It'll run you about $50 USD and it comes with an iDevice remote/mic.

I had the Senns plugged into my laptop, and when my mom called for me ( I was playing music at a soft volume then) I didn't notice I had my hands pressed on the wires and I stood up. 
Bam ! The wires ripped apart instantly LOL. How else did you think I spoilt it :wink:

The RHA MA450i sounds exactly like what I am l looking for based on your description , thank you very much !
However, I couldn't help but order a pair of Brainwavz M2 as they were on sale at LMUE ytd.
frown.gif

I'm interested to order a pair of the 450s, however I was wondering whether there was a non-mic version / Other alternatives with similar sound sigs in this price range, because I just bought the M2s and want to cut down on whatever costs I can afford to . Thanks once again ! :)

May 27, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #4,907 of 5,364
too bad that the M2 to is only for people who live in singapore

May 27, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #4,909 of 5,364
Quote:
Doesn't LMUE ship internationally? Or do you mean the sale?

And how do you guys think the DN-23 Landmine would compare to 450i?

they do but not any brainwavz products

May 27, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #4,911 of 5,364

May 27, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #4,913 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
I sense an interesting story behind that... are you sure about the "accidentally" part? 
smile.gif

I had the Senns plugged into my laptop, and when my mom called for me ( I was playing music at a soft volume then) I didn't notice I had my hands pressed on the wires and I stood up. 
Bam ! The wires ripped apart instantly LOL. How else did you think I spoilt it :wink:

OUCH! 
eek.gif
  Well TBH, I've got a friend that tends to go pretty apes**t about the Sennheiser veil... and he tends to throw things...
wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Aha!  As I have the UE600, I have a basis of comparison here.  Honestly, I'd go for the RHA MA450i.  What you lose in fidelity, you make up for with a whole LOTTA fun! 

If I'm understanding your sound requirements correctly, I think that will fit the bill nicely with its:  warmer and stronger bass and sub-bass response; lower-mid and mids focus for vocals; and a bump in the upper-mids for that extra bit of sparkle (and even a little air).

It'll run you about $50 USD and it comes with an iDevice remote/mic.

The RHA MA450i sounds exactly like what I am l looking for based on your description , thank you very much!  However, I couldn't help but order a pair of Brainwavz M2 as they were on sale at LMUE ytd.
frown.gif

I'm interested to order a pair of the 450s, however I was wondering whether there was a non-mic version / Other alternatives with similar sound sigs in this price range, because I just bought the M2s and want to cut down on whatever costs I can afford to . Thanks once again ! :)

No worries, I'm sure they'll be around if and when you want to pick up a pair.  As for your question, yes there is in fact a remote-less version.  It's called an RHA MA350 and it comes without a remote, as well as less tips, for about $10 cheaper ($40).

BTW, in case you - or anyone else - is interested in these, my buddy a_rec just put up a review of them this morning:

May 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #4,914 of 5,364
Nice, thanks. However, I can't seem to locate any dealers which ship the MA350 to Singapore, and I don't really trust eBay. Think I just might bite the bullet on the Dunu DN-23 Landmine though!

Edit: Upon going to RHA's official website, I see that they do ship internationally. Will check it out!

May 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #4,915 of 5,364
Hello guys
regular_smile .gif

I want to buy a new IEM
and the price range is $ 400 - $ 600
I listen to a lot of pop and r & b
I might consider shure 535 le, Westone 4r, ue 900
Which one do you think is best suited to my musical preferences?
Thank you for your advice

May 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #4,916 of 5,364
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and am looking for some advice on buying a set of earphones/buds that would be best suited for rock/metal/progressive. I'm not listening to anything synthesized.

Most of the music is mp3 format and I don't want something insanely expensive but at the same time have had my fill of cheap equipment. Anywhere from $50-150 is acceptable.

Some units I've seen highly recommended: the Etymotic hf5, Velodyne vPulse..heard the Klipsch s4 is unreliable in terms of build quality.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you

May 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #4,917 of 5,364
Quote:
I know the VSonic VSD1 is new, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to provide advice:

VSonic VSD1 for $36.71 CAD shipped from lendmeurears, or the Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition for $51.44 CAD shipped from ebay. Both brand new.

I listen mostly to Electro, Dubstep, DnB, Trap, Indie Rock. I own the Vsonic GR02 BE and enjoy them.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry mate, not only have I not heard the new VSonic, but I haven't heard any VSonic units at all.  And it stands to reason that I haven't heard the Sunrise either. 
frown.gif
  You are officially today's stump of the day. 
smile.gif

May 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #4,918 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi, I'm looking to get something for my mom as a birthday gift.  I figured IEMs would be the best option since she likes to garden while listening to music and a pair of full-size headphones wouldn't be practical.  She listens primarily to country and pop rock, and from letting her try some of my headphones she seems to enjoy bass (at least in the pop rock songs).  I think some focus on clear female vocals would be good too, based on her having described voices on her current earbuds as "tinny" after listening to my headphones.
tongue.gif

Looking to spend up to $100 or so. Thanks for any suggestions, as I'm completely unfamiliar with the the portable realm.

Wait, which one of your cans was her favorite so far?  I have a suspicion that she liked the D2000 and wants somewhat of a U or V shaped sig, amirite? 
smile.gif

May 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #4,919 of 5,364
Quote:
hello guys 
smile.gif

i am looking buy a new iem

Hey kartikk, welcome to Head-Fi. 
smile.gif
  Sorry about your wallet. 
frown.gif

Quote:

i listen mostly to alternative/rock

beerchug.gif

Quote:
my budget is around 50$

i am considering brainwavz m5,r1 & sony mh1c what do you guys suggest?

I haven't yet heard any of the units you've mentioned, even the vaunted FOTM that is the MH1C.  However, the UE600 just happens to be on sale right now for $50 at Amazon, and I have no problems at all recommending that for Alternative/Indie.

May 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #4,920 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello guys
regular_smile .gif

I want to buy a new IEM
and the price range is $ 400 - $ 600
I listen to a lot of pop and r & b
I might consider shure 535 le, Westone 4r, ue 900
Which one do you think is best suited to my musical preferences?
Thank you for your advice

Welcome to Head-Fi D K A. 
smile.gif
  Wow, $400~$600, really sorry about your wallet. 
frown.gif

I haven't heard the SE535 nor the W4R so I can't say about those.  I also haven't heard the UE900 just yet, but I should in the next day or two, so I'll be able to give you some impressions on them then.  However, my understanding of the UE900 so far is that it's got a bit of a U signature, which should translate into a pleasurable Pop and R&B experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back