Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #4,801 of 5,364
Quote:

Sure! 
smile.gif
  I'll be honest, lately I've been pretty in love with the UE600.  I wouldn't call it a bassy signature, but it's definitely got more bass than any other single BA I've tried.  At the same time, the highs are crisp but not harsh at all.  Mids are fairly forward so vocals and guitar comes out beautifully for rock.  Overall, there is a very pleasing warmth to it.  And if you're in the US, they're only $50 on Amazon right now! 
eek.gif

As for the AH-C400, I'll admit that you've got me pretty curious about that one.  I haven't heard it yet, but I think I'd definitely like to. 
smile.gif

I wish that I was in the US, but unfortunately I'm in the UK and these are priced at £90 which is about $135
frown.gif

Also the thing that's making not want to buy the ah-c400 is the remote as I don't need one.

May 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #4,802 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
I know that trick.  What she means is that, if you spend as much as $200, she won't leave you.  But if you truly love her, you'll still only spend $70. 
wink.gif
  Just warnin' ya dude. 

Also, Beyer DT770/250 (only $177 on Amazon right now).

etysmile.gif
 Good looking out; but I convinced her that will be hers as much as they are mine muah ahahahaha. And those Beyers seem pretty legit. I'm debating between those or the AKG K271 MKII. Otherwise I'm just going to get something from the Dollar Store and cry.

Ooh, I like the K271... had a chance to audition that (driven by a fantastic amp) and it was EXACTLY what I hoped it would be, which is to say a closed-back counterpart to my K240.

May 23, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #4,803 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
Sure! 
smile.gif
  I'll be honest, lately I've been pretty in love with the UE600.  I wouldn't call it a bassy signature, but it's definitely got more bass than any other single BA I've tried.  At the same time, the highs are crisp but not harsh at all.  Mids are fairly forward so vocals and guitar comes out beautifully for rock.  Overall, there is a very pleasing warmth to it.  And if you're in the US, they're only $50 on Amazon right now! 
eek.gif

As for the AH-C400, I'll admit that you've got me pretty curious about that one.  I haven't heard it yet, but I think I'd definitely like to. 
smile.gif

I wish that I was in the US, but unfortunately I'm in the UK and these are priced at £90 which is about $135
frown.gif

Also the thing that's making not want to buy the ah-c400 is the remote as I don't need one.

At that price, I would not recommend the UE600. 
frown.gif

Yeah but think of the remote as a bonus that will enhance the resale value when you sell it to an iDevice owner.

May 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4,806 of 5,364
I'm looking for some headphones under $300, preferably under $250 but I can flex it a little. I'm looking for highly portable closed headphones primarily for a ton of EDM and a ton of classical, bass is a must, but not too much. I need decent mids and I'd rather die than have super-bright cans and give looks a tiny consideration as I'll be out and about with them quite a bit. I'm looking at the FiiO E11 portable amp if I need it (any other suggestions?), I'd like 1/8in for convenience. Thank you very much in advance.

May 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #4,807 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
Ooh, I like the K271... had a chance to audition that (driven by a fantastic amp) and it was EXACTLY what I hoped it would be, which is to say a closed-back counterpart to my K240.

would you recommend them for jazz and blues? sorry for being repetative; just want as much feedback as i can get before pulling the trigger

Yeah, I think so.  It'll be a little bass shy, but fairly neutral through the mids.  How much is it if I may ask?

May 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #4,808 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking for some headphones under $300, preferably under $250 but I can flex it a little. I'm looking for highly portable closed headphones primarily for a ton of EDM and a ton of classical, bass is a must, but not too much. I need decent mids and I'd rather die than have super-bright cans and give looks a tiny consideration as I'll be out and about with them quite a bit. I'm looking at the FiiO E11 portable amp if I need it (any other suggestions?), I'd like 1/8in for convenience. Thank you very much in advance.

V-Moda M-80... as little as $130 on Amazon.  Welcome to the Circus of Value!

May 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #4,809 of 5,364
Hi, 

Finally registered here, after lurking for years. I'm kind of debating about what to get myself for my travel setup (planes etc.) I listen to a variety of music (from classical to current rap). I would like something that is also a portable closed headset. This is for a Nexus 7 as a main player, which has not so good built in audio so I plan to get a portable DAC to run through. Here's my dilemma. They have Amperiors on Amazon for a great price and they happen to be the headset that has what I am looking for in a headset. If I decide to snatch those at that price I will have to hold off on the DAC, since I will be priced out of my budget. Is there anything else out there that gives a similar sound?

I have also looked at :
V-Moda M-80
Sennheiser HD25-1 II
Beyer DT1350

The M-80s are the only option really that will allow me to stay within my budget with the DAC ( of those I have looked at)

I want to add that I do already own JVC sa400s. 

I just have that itch 
frown.gif

May 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #4,810 of 5,364
Hello all,

Loooong time lurker, first time poster,

After buying the Galaxy S4  and loving everything about it except the fact that iems under (and including) 16ohms are useless with it (shame cause the MH1c sound soo good), I have come to the realization that I need a pair of Iems that are:

OVER 16 ohms (Probably around 20 to be safe)
Do not cost more than ~ £60
Have great all round sound quality, not too crazy about bass but would like it to be there
Are easily available in the UK.

After looking around for a cheap, decent pair, they all seem to be 16omhs which is disappointing. I've noticed the JVC HA-FRD80 which seem to be very good but can only be found in Japan, and really don't want to have to bother with that....unless they are exceptional

The other option is an impedance adapter thingy, but that seems a bit bulky and I'm not sure where to order from.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated,
thanks

May 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #4,812 of 5,364
Quote:

Finally registered here, after lurking for years. I'm kind of debating about what to get myself for my travel setup (planes etc.) I listen to a variety of music (from classical to current rap). I would like something that is also a portable closed headset. This is for a Nexus 7 as a main player, which has not so good built in audio so I plan to get a portable DAC to run through. Here's my dilemma. They have Amperiors on Amazon for a great price and they happen to be the headset that has what I am looking for in a headset. If I decide to snatch those at that price I will have to hold off on the DAC, since I will be priced out of my budget. Is there anything else out there that gives a similar sound?

I have also looked at :
V-Moda M-80
Sennheiser HD25-1 II
Beyer DT1350

The M-80s are the only option really that will allow me to stay within my budget with the DAC ( of those I have looked at)

I want to add that I do already own JVC sa400s. 

I just have that itch 
frown.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi! 
smile.gif
  Sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

I've heard three out of those four (Sennheiser Amperior, V-Moda M-80, Sennheiser HD25-1 II), and have two of them here.  I would definitely say get the Amperior as I liked that one the best by far.  As for the DAC situation, I would start by listening to higher bitrate files for now (or lossless if possible), and then add a DAC/amp later when you have the funds.  Remember, better headphones will make a more profound difference than better DACs.

May 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #4,813 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello all,

Loooong time lurker, first time poster,

After buying the Galaxy S4  and loving everything about it except the fact that iems under (and including) 16ohms are useless with it (shame cause the MH1c sound soo good), I have come to the realization that I need a pair of Iems that are:

OVER 16 ohms (Probably around 20 to be safe)
Do not cost more than ~ £60
Have great all round sound quality, not too crazy about bass but would like it to be there
Are easily available in the UK.

After looking around for a cheap, decent pair, they all seem to be 16omhs which is disappointing. I've noticed the JVC HA-FRD80 which seem to be very good but can only be found in Japan, and really don't want to have to bother with that....unless they are exceptional

The other option is an impedance adapter thingy, but that seems a bit bulky and I'm not sure where to order from.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated,
thanks

Hello bogrod, welcome to Head-Fi! 
smile.gif
  Sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

I would definitely get an impedance adapter as it would allow you to enjoy a wider variety of headphones and IEMs.  Who's to say that you'll actually like the sound signature of the higher impedance IEM that you find right?  Check out this thread to find out which impedance adapters are available (or to learn how to make your own).

May 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #4,814 of 5,364
Quote:
Can anybody comment on the Monster Diesel Vektr's sound quality, comfort and isolation? I have the opportunity to get a pair for half price so I am contemplating.

Unfortunately no, sorry. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back