Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #4,786 of 5,364
Hello Guys

I am looking for a IEM to listen to while commuting. Here are my criterias.

- I mostly listen to Classic Rock, Prog Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Stoner and some Jazz and Classical. I have a pair of SRH 440s and Grado SR80is. While I enjoy them both, SR80s can get a little agressive for longer periods. So basicly I am looking for a soundstage similar to SRH 440s if such a thing is possible with IEMs.

- I will be using an iphone 4 and a Cowon x9 as a source. I have a mixed collection of MP3 and FLAC files.

- Id prefer not to use an amp but if I have to I already have a JDS Labs cmoybb[size=small] v2.03 and would like to use that.[/size]

[size=small]- My budget is pretty limited at 40 USD.[/size]

I been looking at Vsonic line-up but I really can not decide which one would fit my requirements. Any help is appreciated. 

May 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #4,787 of 5,364
Looks like TDK BA200 has the highest probability to be bought, due to it's higher impedance and the fact that I'll only use my android phone as source if it comes to iem...

Last few questions before I drive my way down to the nearest shop and grab it.
-How big is the difference between BA200 and Xba 30?
-Is it better than Xba 2? For my cateria at least.

Thanks!

May 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #4,788 of 5,364
I'm in need of a closed headphone for on-the-go (no in-ears).

I listen to mostly classical and electronic, however, no bassy headphones please.
I've owned the m50's, and found it was too bassy for my liking.
Something leaning towards cold and analytical.
Less bass, more mids, more treble, airy soundstage.

I own a Fiio E17 to juice them up.
I don't mind if it's a 1/4inch.

Something under 200USD, give or take.
Thanks.

May 23, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #4,789 of 5,364
Quote:
What would you recommend if I wanted something that has more bass instead of something neutral? Also I'm thinking of getting a cheap set of in-ear headphones for gym, something in the £15-30($20 -45) range. Any recommendations?

I still don't know which in-ear headphones I should get.
Currently I'm thinking about picking a set out these:
Shure Se215 £90 ($135) - These seem pretty good, I like the replaceable cable and they get pretty good reviews, but I've read about these randomly cutting out.
Hifiman RE-400 £100($150) -  The cable doesn't look too durable and they just don't appeal to me.
Denon Ah-C400 £140($210) - These look fairly durable and I really liked my previous denon in-ears but it's hard to find any good reviews or opinions as not a lot of people have these
TDK BA200 £150($225) - Upper end of my budget, seem to be pretty good from the reviews.

My priorities are clear, punchy bass, so I'm more interested in the quality of it rather than quantity. I also want something with a fairly durable cable and with good isolation.

Any other recommendations? Or help with making a decision?

May 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #4,790 of 5,364
I want to get a backup for my IE80,budget going around 250$, I listen to Linkin Park, David Guetta, Eagles, alot more! I want it to be comfortable and no sibilance is allow  I can get: 
Jvc FX700(2nd hand)
Monster Turbine pro copper
Something else is welcome!

May 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #4,792 of 5,364
I want to get a backup for my IE80,budget going around 250$, I listen to Linkin Park, David Guetta, Eagles, alot more! I want it to be comfortable and no sibilance is allow  I can get: 
Jvc FX700(2nd hand)
Monster Turbine pro copper
Something else is welcome!

Backup or something different? For 250 you could get a 2nd ie80, definitely if you are considering used items..

May 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #4,793 of 5,364
Backup or something different? For 250 you could get a 2nd ie80, definitely if you are considering used items..

Yeah in my country that is possible, but i want sth else with simlar sound sign

May 23, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #4,795 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
What would you recommend if I wanted something that has more bass instead of something neutral? Also I'm thinking of getting a cheap set of in-ear headphones for gym, something in the £15-30($20 -45) range. Any recommendations?

I still don't know which in-ear headphones I should get.
Currently I'm thinking about picking a set out these:
Shure Se215 £90 ($135) - These seem pretty good, I like the replaceable cable and they get pretty good reviews, but I've read about these randomly cutting out.
Hifiman RE-400 £100($150) -  The cable doesn't look too durable and they just don't appeal to me.
Denon Ah-C400 £140($210) - These look fairly durable and I really liked my previous denon in-ears but it's hard to find any good reviews or opinions as not a lot of people have these
TDK BA200 £150($225) - Upper end of my budget, seem to be pretty good from the reviews.

My priorities are clear, punchy bass, so I'm more interested in the quality of it rather than quantity. I also want something with a fairly durable cable and with good isolation.

Any other recommendations? Or help with making a decision?

With the exception of the RE-400, I have not heard any of the others that you've mentioned.  However, I definitely think that you should cross the RE-400 off your list as you would most likely consider it far too bass-light for your preferences. 

May 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #4,796 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello Guys

I am looking for a IEM to listen to while commuting. Here are my criterias.

[...]  
I been looking at Vsonic line-up but I really can not decide which one would fit my requirements. Any help is appreciated. 

Hi, I'd recommend Brainwavz M1 (look at joker's thread for the review). In this price range (up to 40$) Brainwavz products price-quality ratio is hard to beat in my opinion.

May 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #4,797 of 5,364
Quote:

With the exception of the RE-400, I have not heard any of the others that you've mentioned.  However, I definitely think that you should cross the RE-400 off your list as you would most likely consider it far too bass-light for your preferences. 

I will remove them from my list. That made my decision a bit easier, thank you. Btw are there any other in-ear headphones in my price range ($100-225) which I should consider?

May 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #4,798 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:

I will remove them from my list. That made my decision a bit easier, thank you. Btw are there any other in-ear headphones in my price range ($100-225) which I should consider?

Sure! 
smile.gif
  I'll be honest, lately I've been pretty in love with the UE600.  I wouldn't call it a bassy signature, but it's definitely got more bass than any other single BA I've tried.  At the same time, the highs are crisp but not harsh at all.  Mids are fairly forward so vocals and guitar comes out beautifully for rock.  Overall, there is a very pleasing warmth to it.  And if you're in the US, they're only $50 on Amazon right now! 
eek.gif

As for the AH-C400, I'll admit that you've got me pretty curious about that one.  I haven't heard it yet, but I think I'd definitely like to. 
smile.gif

May 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #4,799 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm in need of a closed headphone for on-the-go (no in-ears).

I listen to mostly classical and electronic, however, no bassy headphones please.
I've owned the m50's, and found it was too bassy for my liking.
Something leaning towards cold and analytical.
Less bass, more mids, more treble, airy soundstage.

I own a Fiio E17 to juice them up.
I don't mind if it's a 1/4inch.

Something under 200USD, give or take.
Thanks.

Sealed headphones are usually bassy with narrow in-head soundstage, but I think Sony's professional line may be close to your requirements.
Check these: Sony MDR-ZX700 / MDR-7510 or MDR-7506

May 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #4,800 of 5,364
Quote:

I know that trick.  What she means is that, if you spend as much as $200, she won't leave you.  But if you truly love her, you'll still only spend $70. 
wink.gif
  Just warnin' ya dude. 

Also, Beyer DT770/250 (only $177 on Amazon right now).

etysmile.gif
 Good looking out; but I convinced her that will be hers as much as they are mine muah ahahahaha. And those Beyers seem pretty legit. I'm debating between those or the AKG K271 MKII. Otherwise I'm just going to get something from the Dollar Store and cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back