Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #4,021 of 5,364
Quote:
As mentioned on the old thread, recs would go out for the E10, MH1C, the FX1X is not terrible as well. And no, you aren't limited to these choices, just giving out some suggestions.  

Thank you TwinQY.

These days I was trying the Philips In Ear, I do not get along very well with headphones In Ear because after a while I feel that the bass disappear and the average increase. This is because the headset is coming out from the ear.
I struggled a bit, but I think to avoid them.

I thought then to buy headphones with deep bass and extended, and with no annoying mid.

The budget is always less than about 50euro .

I felt good about the Creative Aurvana Live, Jvc ha-s400, Akg K518, Sony MDR-XB400B.

What do you advise me to choose?

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #4,022 of 5,364
Quote:
Thank you TwinQY.

These days I was trying the Philips In Ear, I do not get along very well with headphones In Ear because after a while I feel that the bass disappear and the average increase. This is because the headset is coming out from the ear.
I struggled a bit, but I think to avoid them.

I thought then to buy headphones with deep bass and extended, and with no annoying mid.

The budget is always less than about 50euro .

I felt good about the Creative Aurvana Live, Jvc ha-s400, Akg K518, Sony MDR-XB400B.

What do you advise me to choose?

Philips, as in the SHE3580s?
More than likely you did not get a good seal with those. More than likely you didn't try tip rolling.
While different paradigms in terms of presentation should be factored in, discrepancies between sheer quantity really shouldn't be that different. 
Out of the choices, bass quantity (relatively) should be similar to the choices I remember you choosing previously. 

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #4,023 of 5,364
I think i'm gonna get the ue900's or the westone 4's. I still don't know though...i can't decide
I listen to a variety of genre's, both those that are better suited to the high end and the low end. Since the ue900's seem to be neutral, would they be better for me? I mean i still listen to bass heavy music (hip hop, electronic) but i also find time to listen to things like indie rock/folk, post-rock, alt. rock, etc. 

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #4,024 of 5,364
Quote:
I think i'm gonna get the ue900's or the westone 4's. I still don't know though...i can't decide
I listen to a variety of genre's, both those that are better suited to the high end and the low end. Since the ue900's seem to be neutral, would they be better for me? I mean i still listen to bass heavy music (hip hop, electronic) but i also find time to listen to things like indie rock/folk, post-rock, alt. rock, etc. 

Quite simple really. Depends on whether you'll put more of a priority on subbass (UE900s) or midbass (W4), sparkle (UE900) or lack of (W4), aggressive note presentation (UE900) or something soft and delicate (W4).

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #4,025 of 5,364
Quote:
Quite simple really. Depends on whether you'll put more of a priority on subbass (UE900s) or midbass (W4), sparkle (UE900) or lack of (W4), aggressive note presentation (UE900) or something soft and delicate (W4).

Well that makes things easy, ue900 it is. Thanks TwinQY!

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #4,027 of 5,364
Quote:
@TwinQY

thanks for the advice. actually I like a Sony XB90ex iem but I dont know a US online store which sells these below $100. do you happen to know where I can get one?

I'm only aware of these being imported from Japan, unless we're talking about different IEMs (probably not). Amazon or Tenso should work fairly well in this case.

Apr 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #4,031 of 5,364
HELP SONY MH 1C

Hey guys..

I have heard a lot of appreciation of these earphones and I am looking to buy it.

It comes around $33 in India through ebay
Link: http://www.ebay.in/itm/ORIGINAL-SONY-SMART-HEADSET-MH-1C-REMOTE-SMARTKEY-for-XPERIA-S-U-P-SOLA-GO-MH1C-/190722284407?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item2c67ef1b77

QUESTION 1: I want to know if they would be give equally good sound with Music players, Laptops and other phones. I am not worried about the use of the keys on them.I have seen some stock earphones given with Nokia and HTC phones which dont give same quality with laptop or other music players.

Question 2: Is there any other noise cancellation earphones for a similar price if these are not compatible? Or something you think I should check?

~NewOutHere
~PardonMyIgnorance :)

~~Hoping to see some response

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #4,032 of 5,364
Hello and Hi everyone, I'm a new member here and done lot of readings before buying a in ear and I settled down on a JVC FX3X for me. 4 days ago I received my IEM through ebay from american seller. Now they are in Burn-In process through Jlab audio burn in page and with my music play list. my question is that, Im not sure that weather I got a defective headset or is it normal to have following characteristics with these new FX3X,

1. Treble was extremely loud and aching that I couldn't wear them at first instance.
2. Too too low base impact.
3. Its been 14hrs of burning now and still too high treble but base is developing that I could clearly hear them. but not the punchy booming base I expected.
4. Not very much of sound isolation, tips coming off very easily.

I have heard FX1X base and sound before and this should be definitely a upgrade right? But right out of box, sound wise its just feels like 5$ cheapo. I saw many of you guys told that this is one of best bass headsets under 100$ mark. Im really feel bad here :frowning2::frowning2:. so I would like to know what you guys think of this based on these facts. If there is anything else you like to know, Iam happy provide you as much as details I can to solve this. Thank you.

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #4,033 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey guys..

I have heard a lot of appreciation of these earphones and I am looking to buy it.

It comes around $33 in India through ebay
Link: http://www.ebay.in/itm/ORIGINAL-SONY-SMART-HEADSET-MH-1C-REMOTE-SMARTKEY-for-XPERIA-S-U-P-SOLA-GO-MH1C-/190722284407?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item2c67ef1b77

QUESTION 1: I want to know if they would be give equally good sound with Music players, Laptops and other phones. I am not worried about the use of the keys on them.I have seen some stock earphones given with Nokia and HTC phones which dont give same quality with laptop or other music players.

Question 2: Is there any other noise cancellation earphones for a similar price if these are not compatible? Or something you think I should check?

~NewOutHere
~PardonMyIgnorance :)

~~Hoping to see some response

Q1 - as in variability from source to source?
The impedance characteristics are quite linear, as seen over here
http://rinchoi.blogspot.ca/2013/02/sony-livesound-mh1-mh1c.html

So, no, remains quite consistent on most sources.

Q2 - these aren't actively noise cancelling rather they keep an acoustic seal due to the in-ear nature which can isolate greatly. That being said, it's hard to find something with both mic and playback remote at this price. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #4,034 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello and Hi everyone, I'm a new member here and done lot of readings before buying a in ear and I settled down on a JVC FX3X for me. 4 days ago I received my IEM through ebay from american seller. Now they are in Burn-In process through Jlab audio burn in page and with my music play list. my question is that, Im not sure that weather I got a defective headset or is it normal to have following characteristics with these new FX3X,

1. Treble was extremely loud and aching that I couldn't wear them at first instance.
2. Too too low base impact.
3. Its been 14hrs of burning now and still too high treble but base is developing that I could clearly hear them. but not the punchy booming base I expected.
4. Not very much of sound isolation, tips coming off very easily.

I have heard FX1X base and sound before and this should be definitely a upgrade right? But right out of box, sound wise its just feels like 5$ cheapo. I saw many of you guys told that this is one of best bass headsets under 100$ mark. Im really feel bad here :frowning2::frowning2:. so I would like to know what you guys think of this based on these facts. If there is anything else you like to know, Iam happy provide you as much as details I can to solve this. Thank you.

1) Depends on what you mean by low though - extension (shouldn't that be a good thing though?) or quantity? In which case, while sound is relative and subjective to an extent, the quantity on these is high enough that this is either just not getting a good seal (the isolation and tips thing) or you have a defect. More likely that the former regarding isolation is the case though. Try tip rolling with these and playing with insertion depth, see what comes up. 

2) Not sure if anyone quantified this as being the best under $100 (I certainly didn't, in fact I remember pushing for another set although I could be mistaken - edit - I was :p). So while it might be disappointing, best to take exaggerated statements like that in stride.

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #4,035 of 5,364
Quote:
Q1 - as in variability from source to source?
The impedance characteristics are quite linear, as seen over here
http://rinchoi.blogspot.ca/2013/02/sony-livesound-mh1-mh1c.html

So, no, remains quite consistent on most sources.

Q2 - these aren't actively noise cancelling rather they keep an acoustic seal due to the in-ear nature which can isolate greatly. That being said, it's hard to find something with both mic and playback remote at this price. 

Thanks for the reply.. really appreciated :)

I am saying the source variation.. but ever tried Nokia or HTC stock earphones with laptop of music players? They just dont play well at all.. i was just asking if that issue would happen here as these are made by Sony.

I am not really a fan of this playback remote as always have my phone in my hand. Any other earphone that is real good? I am happy to stretch it to $50 if I can get something which is significantly better?

though, these seem fantastic right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back