Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Apr 25, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #3,976 of 5,364
Hello,

I want to buy the earphones In Ear who have the punchy bass, deep and extended. The Mid and treble should not be annoying.
(my mp3 player is Creative Zen  http://imago.techtop.it/d/2665-1/071204-Creative-Zen.jpg

I think that the JVC HA-FX1X are good, or the Sennheiser CX 300 II.

What product do you recommend?

(I'm sorry I opened a new thread, I did not know it was forbidden. http://www.head-fi.org/t/661219/in-ear-what-do-you-recommend-with-puncy-bass-cost-less-than-50 )

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #3,978 of 5,364
Quote:

Problem is "best in-class" is so subject to personal taste and the ever-changing FOTM movements...

Balanced, detailed, non-fatiguing, not bloated, under 50 - got to be honest, still sounds like the E30 you're describing to me. Staging is also impressive on these, and the over-ear cable promises less microphonics. These isolate averagely as the insertion depth is rather average, but just means comfort greatly benefits.

I know, I guess I just figured it didn't matter so much when I was spending £20 on headphones. 

What do you think of the e10s? I've been looking at the e30s and I've heard mixed things about comfort, isolation and microphonics when worn straight down. From what I understand the E10s are warmer/punchier/brighter than the more analytical e30s; more a different kind of sound rather than a worse one, but with a more accepting cable down position? Also curious on your opinion on the Brainwavz m2.

I may be being silly but I feel like I might be missing out on something better when the e10s/e30s come in £20/£15 under budget (can't believe I'm complaining about saving money haha).

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #3,980 of 5,364
does anyone know if shure or westone is gonna release any new headphone to replace their 535 or 4r this year as both of the headphones have been out for almost three years. I'm thinking to buy one of the headphone but if they are gonna release a new one i would like to wait instead. thanks

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #3,981 of 5,364
Hello again

I think my original post (#3930) might have got swallowed up by the number of other replies in this thread. I just wanted to add some further info to what I said before but I'm still interested in peoples opinions. I've decided not to look at the akg 550/551's they're a bit too much for me to justify I think. I've also now had the chance to briefly test out the M50's and the DT 770's although I'm yet to try the COP's. They're all around the same price so that's no longer useful to help me decide between them.

Again many thanks for taking the time to read this.
Quote:
Original post

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #3,982 of 5,364
Hello all!

I recently got a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A900X which I absolutely love. First pair of "real headphones" that I own. Now I was not aware of how big these headphones are. Totally caught me off guard haha. Right now, I use them at home and then take them to work and bring em back home, etc I know in the future, I don't want to keep bringing them back and forth and will most likely have them be my home pair. So what I am looking for is a more portable pair of headphones or even IEMs. I tend to stay away from IEMs due to the fact that I have small ear holes and that every pair of ear buds have fallen out of my ear at the slightest movement but that could also be because I have always used cheap ones. So while my preference is headphones, I am open to IEMs.

I plan to use these at work so I would like for them to be closed. These will also be my travel pair in which I will use them on vacation, long trips, around town, etc. I really enjoy the A900X so a similar sounding pair would be great. Budget is around $200.  I was thinking of just getting the ATH-M50 but also have heard good things about Ultrasone HFI-580, Ultrasone HFI-780, M-Audio Q40, ATH-WS55, Shure 840, and Soundmagic HP100. I tend to listen to a bit of everything (jazz-hop, hip-hop, 80s, KPop, electronica).

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #3,983 of 5,364
Hello, i'm looking for some in-ear earbuds/headphones (whatever you want to call them) that i will be using with my iPhone, so a remote with a microphone is a big plus,
I'll be using it mainly for rock music and some electronic. my budget is about 100$ and i would rather get them off ebay or other sites with international shipping

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #3,985 of 5,364
Quote:
Is there really that much of a difference between the tf10s and the UE900s? I could get TF10s and a digizoid for $100 under the price of 1 pair of UR900s.

Nope, not a big difference.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #3,986 of 5,364
Alright here we go....

My Budget is under $200
My music listening goes something like this: 40% R&B, 30% Hip Hop, 30% Rock/Folk/Alternative/other.
I like bass, but not at all at the expense of being able to hear the rest of the music and vocal (I am assuming my main interest is clean rich mids, I enjoy the vocals and the music nothing is more important than the other I just want it to all sound great). BUT if I can get that and some good sub-bass (assuming sub-bass is the correct term for the deep rumble bass you feel vs punchy snare drum type bass) then that would be the ideal situation for me.
removable cable is a plus but not a must, iPhone controls a plus not a must

Source: Iphone4, computer. No amp (but not opposed to a portable amp at some point).

I'm really leaning toward Shure se215, and even se215 limited edition which according to reviews has more bass. I'm really close to pulling trigger on theses so if anyone can compare differences let me know!

Also considering:
TDK BA200
Klipsch x10

Any input on any of these or other suggestions that fit me is appreciated!
Also any suggestions on where to buy online in USA, besides amazon?? Thanks!

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #3,987 of 5,364
Quote:
Alright here we go....

My Budget is under $200
My music listening goes something like this: 40% R&B, 30% Hip Hop, 30% Rock/Folk/Alternative/other.
I like bass, but not at all at the expense of being able to hear the rest of the music and vocal (I am assuming my main interest is clean rich mids, I enjoy the vocals and the music nothing is more important than the other I just want it to all sound great). BUT if I can get that and some good sub-bass (assuming sub-bass is the correct term for the deep rumble bass you feel vs punchy snare drum type bass) then that would be the ideal situation for me.

Source: Iphone4, computer. No amp (but not opposed to a portable amp at some point).

I'm really leaning toward Shure se215, and even se215 limited edition which according to reviews has more bass. I'm really close to pulling trigger on theses so if anyone can compare differences let me know!

Also considering:
TDK BA200
Klipsch x10

you can buy stuff on ebay. One thing to note about the BA200 is that from your computer due to the higher impedance and its high sensitivity it is prone to little hiss. from your iphone wont be any problem. About the bass there are two differences. Its quality versus quantity. What would you like most?

BA200 has more quality
Shure 215 has more quantity

I dont know about the X10

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #3,988 of 5,364
Quote:
Is there really that much of a difference between the tf10s and the UE900s? I could get TF10s and a digizoid for $100 under the price of 1 pair of UR900s.

Purely in terms of sound quality, probably not. Take my words with a grain of salt because I haven't heard the UE 900s but the rule of diminishing returns is likely in play here, e.g. the farther you go up in the IEM world, the less pronounced the differences are.

From what I've read, the UE 900 sounds similar to a TF10 with a better midrange but not much better sound quality. Is the UE 900 better? From what I've read, yeah, but $200 better? Probably not.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #3,989 of 5,364
Thanks Farcry. Yes, of course eBay is an option too. In term of bass quantity vs quality. Is feeling the deep sub bass more of a quantity or quality (I've seen the quantity/quality issue on forums, but not sure how it is defined)? That bass "feel" is what I like, again not so much that it masks or impacts the vocals.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #3,990 of 5,364
Quote:
Alright here we go....

My Budget is under $200

Also considering:
TDK BA200
Klipsch x10

The VSonic GR07 bass edition would work perfectly for you.  The bass is excellent and is exactly what you are looking for.  Definitely worth a glance.

Quote:
Hello all!

I recently got a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A900X which I absolutely love. First pair of "real headphones" that I own. Now I was not aware of how big these headphones are. Totally caught me off guard haha. Right now, I use them at home and then take them to work and bring em back home, etc I know in the future, I don't want to keep bringing them back and forth and will most likely have them be my home pair. So what I am looking for is a more portable pair of headphones or even IEMs. I tend to stay away from IEMs due to the fact that I have small ear holes and that every pair of ear buds have fallen out of my ear at the slightest movement but that could also be because I have always used cheap ones. So while my preference is headphones, I am open to IEMs.

I plan to use these at work so I would like for them to be closed. These will also be my travel pair in which I will use them on vacation, long trips, around town, etc. I really enjoy the A900X so a similar sounding pair would be great. Budget is around $200.  I was thinking of just getting the ATH-M50 but also have heard good things about Ultrasone HFI-580, Ultrasone HFI-780, M-Audio Q40, ATH-WS55, Shure 840, and Soundmagic HP100. I tend to listen to a bit of everything (jazz-hop, hip-hop, 80s, KPop, electronica).

Thanks!

You should try the VMODA LP2.  I have them and they are great.  I have the ATH-M50s also but haven't used them since I got the LP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back