Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #3,334 of 5,364
thanks twinqy, although i dont really understand what you mean by having a v sound ? is it because of the dip toward the bass that the shure have ? i dont exactly favours flat sound sig if anything

what fullsize do you reccomend to fill for my sound sig then ?

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #3,335 of 5,364
Quote:
thanks twinqy, although i dont really understand what you mean by having a v sound ? is it because of the dip toward the bass that the shure have ? i dont exactly favours flat sound sig if anything

what fullsize do you reccomend to fill for my sound sig then ?

HD25-1s maybe but it's iffy. Nothing really fits the sig specified to a T there, apart from the M-100s but won't comment on that due to lack of experience. Perhaps the DT770s.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #3,338 of 5,364
Quote:
Slightly bassier, classic rock - GR07 should definitely be looked at. Treble is present with some sparkle, but also warm, pleasing, yet very dynamic with rock in general. Any balanced all-rounder would do fine in this case, but the VSonics will probably do better to the point where I'll have to single it out.

I'm not sure if this matters but whatever I get will be amped through a Soundblaster ZXR

Should I be looking at the GR07 Bass edition?

I was also looking at the JVC HA-FXZ 100s and the Atrio MG7.  Still go with GR07?

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #3,339 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
Slightly bassier, classic rock - GR07 should definitely be looked at. Treble is present with some sparkle, but also warm, pleasing, yet very dynamic with rock in general. Any balanced all-rounder would do fine in this case, but the VSonics will probably do better to the point where I'll have to single it out.

I'm not sure if this matters but whatever I get will be amped through a Soundblaster ZXR

Should I be looking at the GR07 Bass edition?

I was also looking at the JVC HA-FXZ 100s and the Atrio MG7.  Still go with GR07?

If it's not a noisy/high impedance output card it should be of little consequence. But you might hear some interference due to sensitivity on IEMs.

If you like bass, sure, but the regular GR07s do just fine for rock. Have not heard the BEs but apparently it's more about a jump in bass quality rather than quantity?

GR07s are a bit more snappy and dynamic. If you like cohesiveness/a good lush mix then the JVCs would be a good option as well. Can't really suggest Atrios for rock due to tonality/timbre more leaning towards EDM, etc.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #3,340 of 5,364
Hey guys, I just joined this site and had a question.

I'm looking for some good portable headphones that would be good for Rap Music. I listen to a variety of rap music artists such as Dumbfounded, George Watsky, Drake, etc and even some dubstep. My price range would be up to 100$ and I don't care if its in-ear or overear.

I currently have the KlipschImage S4 and was wondering what could I get that would be better, for my tastes.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys have!

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #3,341 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey guys, I just joined this site and had a question.

I'm looking for some good portable headphones that would be good for Rap Music. I listen to a variety of rap music artists such as Dumbfounded, George Watsky, Drake, etc and even some dubstep. My price range would be up to 100$ and I don't care if its in-ear or overear.

I currently have the KlipschImage S4 and was wondering what could I get that would be better, for my tastes.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys have!

Genres are helpful, but sound sig preferences are even more so. Not to mention preferences in comfort, isolation, build, etc :D

Not to mention the people in the rap thread here would kill you for such blasphemy.

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #3,342 of 5,364
I have scoured this forum for advice on a good classical music IEM, however the only general consensus is Ety ER4, is the best. But I dont have that much money to swing on a pair of headphones. I have included a list of other headphones people have talking about in the other forums.

I am a college student and needless to say, I love listening to classical music. The majority of my iPod is classical music, all CD quality 320 or better. Microphonics is kind of important, I move around a decent amount and I would not like that to interfere with my music. Isolation should be enough to tune out annoying kids in the library. One with a microphone would be awesome but I dont really see IEMs that have. 

Other headphones that users have said that are good for classical music:
Westone UM1
RE0
Ety ER4
Shure SE215
Ety HF5
My main concern with IEM is the price, i wont think I will be willing to pay more than 150.

tl;dr hear ER4 is the best for classical music, what is a good substitute if i cant swing 250 for a pair of IEMs?

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #3,343 of 5,364
My ep-630s have decided to go very quiet lately. I've had the sennhieser cx-150s but gave them to my brother, the fit hurt my ear canal. I've been thinking about trying the JVC Marshmellows since they are said to be good for being cheap. I was also looking at the Astrotec AM90 after reading the review and looking at the list in the multi-iem thread.

Sources: Computer w/ realtek alc888 built in, Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph cell phone (unlikely), Sansa c250 mp3 player (riding bicycle). With and without a portable amp (pa2v2), and rarely using either the earforce dss or an old optimus sa-155 for my ps3.

Other headphones: ksc75 w/ quarter mod & loose clips (via cutting part of the solder joint cover off), portapro w/ quarter mod, and a bluetooth speaker.

Use: games, music (varies: Blackalicious, Weird Al, Tenacious D, The Planets Suite (classical), Piano, Violin, Ambient, Squarpusher, Miles Davis, noise/dubstep, The Chieftains, Paint it Black (Rolling Stones), and Jimi Hendrix), audiobooks, isolation.

I'd like to stay below $50, but I was looking at the RE400s too.

AM-90s are bleh and fake sounding. No idea why they got a good review.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #3,344 of 5,364
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a "FUN/WOW" IEM. I understand that sometimes the FUN iems tend to be bass heavy. I am looking something with good bass, mids, and highs. I listen to all kinds of music. There are times when I feel like a bass head and I play heavy-bass songs and sometimes when I just feel calm and relaxed and play some acoustics or classical pieces. Overall, I want to get lost in my music. I don't want something too analytical because overall I want to enjoy my music not analyze it. I want to get lost. I will be using a clip + and my samsung galaxy s 4g with voodoo sound as a source. Like I said I want something enjoyable, not cold, but something nice and warm and fun. Something that can be bass heavy if played a bass heavy song and something that leaves bass out if bass is not an emphasis on the track. I dont know if I make sense I just want an IEM or Earbud that can be an over-all WOW/FUN iem/earbud.

I am in a $200 budget.

I was looking into
Klipsch x10
VSonic GR07 MK2
VSonic GR07 Bass edition
Yahama ph100

which one is better for me? are they are better options out there (keeping my budget in mind)?

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #3,345 of 5,364
Quote:
Good bass, female vocals, durable, comfort - if you could've stretched that budget, the GR07 could've fit (and for even more bass/etc perhaps the GR07 Bass Editions though have not heard that one - assuming through their moniker that they do what they're intended to do though). As they are extremely well-built, with thick, rigid plastic. Another one would be the EPH-100, solid metal housings, nice warm vocals, might be a bit too bassy though. But for rock the VSonics would excel.

Thanks for the recommendation! After reading the reviews for it on this forum, I decided to pull the trigger on the GR07. I managed to find one for sale on Ebay for $149, which is just under my max budget, so I went for it. The seller is mosoundus, and has a lot of positive reviews, so I'm hoping it's just a nice discount and not a scam. :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back