Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #3,301 of 5,364
I left your reply blank :p
So, so sorry about that. Again, sorry :frowning2:

The TDKs don't have a mic but otherwise they fit the criteria quite nicely. BA200s isolates a bit more because of form factor though. The X10s slot real nicely underneath the budget, also isolates and does those genres like a champ, AND has a mic. Can't recommend them enough. Build would go to the TDKs though.

How does the TDK IE800 fare against the x10s ? I don't like wearing my earphones over the ear so I'll pass on the BA200.

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #3,302 of 5,364
Quote:
The EX600s have near to no isolation. Not to mention the slight peakiness/sibilance. UE900s have a light boost in the subbass overall but not exactly a basshead phone. CKS1000s do seem to fit the criteria perfectly though (and we all have to pick them up from Amazon.jp + Tenso anyways 
rolleyes.gif
). Or the FXZ200s. 

Have not heard the Bass edition but the regular GR07s might lose out to say the IE80s on comfort (housing is square and the nozzles rather short so it can be irritating for some, but the IE80s don't have that problem (oh but they do have their own problems though)

I have a small fit issue when i tried it at the store! The cks1000 is the second cheapest in singapore(after the gr07) but I really like the bass of the ie80! Will the bass of the cks1000 be near there with the ie80?

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #3,303 of 5,364
Quote:
How does the TDK IE800 fare against the x10s ? I don't like wearing my earphones over the ear so I'll pass on the BA200.

You're like the 3rd person to complain about the over-ear ordeal regarding the BA200s. It's not that bad, honestly.

IE800s are very similar to the BA200s already, more rolloff, less linear, not as 3-dimensional and forward projection/positioning is different, but otherwise extremely similar. X10s are slightly warmer, thicker. Between the two it's a tough call. The X10s have a very small stage size though.

Quote:
I have a small fit issue when i tried it at the store! The cks1000 is the second cheapest in singapore(after the gr07) but I really like the bass of the ie80! Will the bass of the cks1000 be near there with the ie80?

More texture on the ATs. Biased but I prefer the newer drivers like the CKS1000s and the JVCs. They are simply more proficient.

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #3,304 of 5,364
Quote:
You're like the 3rd person to complain about the over-ear ordeal regarding the BA200s. It's not that bad, honestly.

IE800s are very similar to the BA200s already, more rolloff, less linear, not as 3-dimensional and forward projection/positioning is different, but otherwise extremely similar. X10s are slightly warmer, thicker. Between the two it's a tough call. The X10s have a very small stage size though.

More texture on the ATs. Biased but I prefer the newer drivers like the CKS1000s and the JVCs. They are simply more proficient.

how about the x10i??

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #3,306 of 5,364
Hi! I hope this is the right forum to ask this. Anyway, I'm looking for some durable headphones. I'm very rough on my headphones and as a consequence they always break (mostly the cable snaps). Can any of you recommend some durable headphones for me? Either in-ear or over-ear is fine with me.

P.S. Thought I should get this out of the way: Yes, I probably should be more gentle with my headphones. However, I don't see that happening anytime soon so any attempt to tell me that I should be more gentle with my headphones will only fall on deaf ears. So don't.

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #3,307 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi! I hope this is the right forum to ask this. Anyway, I'm looking for some durable headphones. I'm very rough on my headphones and as a consequence they always break (mostly the cable snaps). Can any of you recommend some durable headphones for me? Either in-ear or over-ear is fine with me.

P.S. Thought I should get this out of the way: Yes, I probably should be more gentle with my headphones. However, I don't see that happening anytime soon so any attempt to tell me that I should be more gentle with my headphones will only fall on deaf ears. So don't.

Be more gentle with your headphones 
tongue.gif
 It's the obvious way to go.

Budget? Sound preferences (if sound is to be considered)?

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #3,308 of 5,364

Haha I'm not complaining, I just generally dislike the look of over ear earphones when they are worn. Just my personal preference though. I think I'll get the TDK IE800 over the x10s, it looks more durable ( I tend to spoil my previous earphones by accidentally knocking them on tables, resulting in no sound being emitted xD ). By the way, are there any specific ear tips that you recommend for the TDK IE800? Or are those that come with the earphones good enough? I would like the noise isolation to be as good as possible.

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #3,309 of 5,364
Quote:
Haha I'm not complaining, I just generally dislike the look of over ear earphones when they are worn. Just my personal preference though. I think I'll get the TDK IE800 over the x10s, it looks more durable ( I tend to spoil my previous earphones by accidentally knocking them on tables, resulting in no sound being emitted xD ). By the way, are there any specific ear tips that you recommend for the TDK IE800? Or are those that come with the earphones good enough? I would like the noise isolation to be as good as possible.

Hmm, not much tip-rolling is need for these. Stock tips or Hybrid modded on would be fine for usual needs

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #3,310 of 5,364
Hi, I am currently searching for the most comfortable IEM , that also sound fitting for my music choices
budget is around 200$
I listen to J rock, Jpop, anime and game OSTS those kind of music , I am generally not a bass head
My iem so far in is the
SE215
Hisound audio Wooduo 2
JVC FXD 80

I like the SE215 sound sig the best , the JVC FXD 80 second, however I don't really like the Shures comfort and fit or the large protusion of the FXD80 , can you guys suggest anything?

also I am in a rut on choosing my full size portable
between Denon 2k , AH D600, and the custom one pro , my criteria should be the same
sound sig that I like
and comfort

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #3,311 of 5,364
Hey guys, my headphones broke down a while ago, and I'm looking to replace them.

The thing is, living in a ****ty country, my choice is fairly limited, but I have found 3 pairs of decent portable headphones that are often recommended around here:

Sony MDR-ZX600 ($105)
Sony MDR-V55 ($215)
Koss PortaPro ($68)
Shure SE215 ($120)

As you can see, the prices fluctuate quite wildly when compared to their US counterparts.

I've done a decent amount of research, but I'm not sure whether the V55's price is justified. It seems to be quite a lot cheaper in the US, so I'm wondering whether they have a better sound quality than the SE215's and whether that advantage justifies the price.

It's pretty clear that the V55's are better than the ZX600, but again, due to V55's price I'm wondering whether that increase in quality is really worth the $110.

I've heard that the PortaPros are great headphones in that price range, but that only applies to US and other decent countries. Are they even worth considering with this high a price?

Again, I can only choose between these 4 pairs.

I obviously don't know what the hell I'm doing, so any tips or advice are welcome.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #3,312 of 5,364
What are the IEMs that come to mind that best combine comfort with durability? I was looking at some Klipsch IEMs (the X4 or the X10), but all the reviews about them not lasting very long turned me off from them. Basically if there are IEMs that have just as good a reputation for comfort but more durable, that would be perfect. I have small-ish ears.

Music-wise I listen to a lot of female vocalists, so something to make the upper registers sound nice would be great. I also like a strong bass when listening to rock music.

My budget is $150 max, though lower is better if it can fit my requirements!

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #3,315 of 5,364

Quote:

V-MODA M80 and M100 are incredibly durable- Look on Youtube and you'll find plenty of videos speaking volumes of the build quality of both of these headphones. Keeping an eye on Amazon you could probably pick up a pair of used M80's for around $100 (Just checked: $101.) The M100's are obviously a bit more expensive, but the bassy punch of either of them make them great for listening in areas with a lot of background noise. Along with everything else, their warranty (If you buy them new) is phenomenal- Two year limited warranty, and 50% off your next purchase if they break after two years. I probably went through 4 or 5 pairs of my Vibrato's, and they'd send me a brand new pair with a whole new set of tips each time... Cost nothing more than the price of shipping. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back