Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Feb 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #2,822 of 5,364
They are on ears and small on ears at that. They sound surprisingly good though for how small they are

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #2,823 of 5,364
Hello Folks,
I'm new to head-fi and relatively new to the audiophile world, but I'm hoping you all might be able to help me out. I'm also hoping that I can phrase this well enough for you to understand what I'm asking :)

My first set of truly good headphones (RE0) died about a week ago, and I've been frantically trying to find a replacement since. Unfortunately due to the huge number of choices and the fact that most of this stuff seems to be very personally subjective I haven't had much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Budget: $150 or less. I can stretch this a bit if need be, but not very far in my current circumstances.
Source: Galaxy S3 (no amp) streaming from Spotify (extreme quality setting if it makes a difference). It's not the best, but it's what I have.
Musical taste: Mostly rock, acoustic guitar, and some classical.
Headphone history: Bose IEM (can't remember the specific model). I find them to be way too bass heavy and the mids are washed out. -- HiFiMan RE0. I absolutely loved these. -- JVC HAFX40. For some reason I can't stand these things. Nice high end, but the bass is a touch too much and the mids seem distant. Plus it has a constant bit of quiet static that I never had with the RE0 (same source).

The reason I loved the RE0 so much is that they were the first headphones that I could hear every single instrument being played in any given song. It may be my imagination, but I swear I could hear the guitar pick clicking on the strings during some tracks. It absolutely blew my mind. I agree with the reviews that the bass was lacking a little in these, but it really didn't bother me. Just a hair more would have been perfect.

I see that the RE-400's just came out, but I'm concerned about how long they'll last. The RE0 I had lasted about 2 years, which seems pretty short considering the care I took with them. I'm afraid I would be spending another 100+ dollars on another set in a year or 2.

Hopefully that's enough information to make a suggestion or 2, but if you need more I'll be happy to oblige. Thank you in advance!

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #2,824 of 5,364
hello... I am newbie in audio world... I want to ask for opinion for my portable setup.... have anyone have ever tried t5p paired with HM 601?? I'm little bit curious about t5p... how does it sound??? if it paired with desktop setup it's very good? or just same if with portable use?
since my setup still not good enough for T1 though.. thanks

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #2,825 of 5,364
Hi Im looking for the best earphones for under 40$ Just for listening to hiphop and rock music, sometimes for gym. I had the soundmagic e30, theyr'e great, but for some reason the right earphone stopped working after half a year of regular use. Meelectronics M6P VS VSonic gr02 VS SoundMAGIC E30 - these are the 3 I think the best for under 40$, if you have any other suggestions, feel free to write. Thanks alot!

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #2,826 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi Im looking for the best earphones for under 40$ Just for listening to hiphop and rock music, sometimes for gym. I had the soundmagic e30, theyr'e great, but for some reason the right earphone stopped working after half a year of regular use. Meelectronics M6P VS VSonic gr02 VS SoundMAGIC E30 - these are the 3 I think the best for under 40$, if you have any other suggestions, feel free to write. Thanks alot!

i recommend M6 if ur aiming for gym use. GR02 if sound quality. can't comment on E30 since i don't have it.

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #2,828 of 5,364
Hallo, Head-Fi er's . I am new here :) My name is Mahesh and I am from India, Aged 20 Years, a student by occupation. like to listen to music very much. I listen to :- pop, rock, classic, electro. I like instrumental music too. I made this post particularly because I wanted you pro guy's advice. I hope you guys will help me :) Now that I like music, I purchased a 'SoundMAGIC ES18' at 10$ 3 months ago. since then, there is no looking back. As time passed on, I liked it more and more.... finally I want something 'better' performing IEM. I have 40$ to spend at MAX. I would like to have a Good build, comfort, Isolation, Sound Quality:- I would also like to have deep, punchy and tight but NOT muddy/overpowering bass, good clarity and details. In India, very few audio phones are available, So here is my list :- 1)Sony XB30EX @ 27$ 2)SoundMAGIC E30 @ 33$ 3)SoundMAGIC E10 @ 28$ I also found that this 'Sony XB30EX how are these IEM? Have a look here http://www.flipkart.com/sony-xb30ex-extra-bass-stereo-headphone/p/itmdfj8gehshxgaf?pid=ACCDFJ7UT2MZF8GG&ref=67dc8056-26fc-4eb1-b65e-b965a9f3b805&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=sony%20headphones#read-reviews All these 3 IEM's were having good feedbacks and reviews across the globe, as well as in India too. my audio source :- Nokia 5230 mobile phone. Help me out guys!! Help me to choose an right IEM for myself. Any other IEM suggestions are welcomed too :) I am placing order in next 2-3 days. What do you guys think ? Thanks in advance :)

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2,829 of 5,364
[size=small] Hey all. Looking for some advice on some IEMs. The reviews are all over the place for the two I am looking at. Thought your expertise could help me out with a decision.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Wanting to spend $100-150 on some IEMs. I use these mainly to travel, sleep, and the occasional workout.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Saw these two, your opinions or other suggestions/brands are much appreciated.[/size]

[size=small] HifiMAN RE-400- http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-RE-400-Performance-In-ear-Headphone/dp/B00AWLEAH6/ref=pd_sim_e_1[/size]

[size=small] Klipsch X10- http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=pd_cp_e_0[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Budget: 100-150[/size]

[size=small] Source: Galaxy Note 2[/size]

[size=small] Isolation: IEMs so yeah[/size]

[size=small] Type: IEM[/size]

[size=small] Tonal- balanced[/size]

[size=small] Past headphones- DT 880s, 280 pros, 380 pros, junky addida branded Sennheisers[/size]

[size=small] Music: Rock, Classical, occasional jam.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Thanks again.[/size]

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2,830 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello Folks,
I'm new to head-fi and relatively new to the audiophile world, but I'm hoping you all might be able to help me out. I'm also hoping that I can phrase this well enough for you to understand what I'm asking :)

My first set of truly good headphones (RE0) died about a week ago, and I've been frantically trying to find a replacement since. Unfortunately due to the huge number of choices and the fact that most of this stuff seems to be very personally subjective I haven't had much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Budget: $150 or less. I can stretch this a bit if need be, but not very far in my current circumstances.
Source: Galaxy S3 (no amp) streaming from Spotify (extreme quality setting if it makes a difference). It's not the best, but it's what I have.
Musical taste: Mostly rock, acoustic guitar, and some classical.
Headphone history: Bose IEM (can't remember the specific model). I find them to be way too bass heavy and the mids are washed out. -- HiFiMan RE0. I absolutely loved these. -- JVC HAFX40. For some reason I can't stand these things. Nice high end, but the bass is a touch too much and the mids seem distant. Plus it has a constant bit of quiet static that I never had with the RE0 (same source).

The reason I loved the RE0 so much is that they were the first headphones that I could hear every single instrument being played in any given song. It may be my imagination, but I swear I could hear the guitar pick clicking on the strings during some tracks. It absolutely blew my mind. I agree with the reviews that the bass was lacking a little in these, but it really didn't bother me. Just a hair more would have been perfect.

I see that the RE-400's just came out, but I'm concerned about how long they'll last. The RE0 I had lasted about 2 years, which seems pretty short considering the care I took with them. I'm afraid I would be spending another 100+ dollars on another set in a year or 2.

Hopefully that's enough information to make a suggestion or 2, but if you need more I'll be happy to oblige. Thank you in advance!

Have a look at R-50, if you love your RE0 you should love this easily too...

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #2,831 of 5,364
Quote:

My favourite for under $40 IEM is Brainwavz M4, I think you should consider this too...

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2,832 of 5,364
Quote:
For wanting to feel the bass in dubstep and house music (and metal) while not blurring out the highs, are the Ultimate Ears UE500 or the Brainwavz R1 better?

Spend a bit more and get either Kilpsch X10 or UE700, both are much much better than UE500/R1 while the cost aren't too big of a difference...

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #2,833 of 5,364
How would Brainwavz m1 compare to the kilpsch x10? I'm gonna be putting these in my pocket during school and I also want a good sound for some hip-hop/metal. I don't listen to trashy hip hop with muddy bass though I need it to be pretty tight and punchy.

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2,834 of 5,364
Can anyone comment on the fit of the Shure 215ltd vs the Westone 1?  I'm looking for a pair of iem's to use while running at the gym with really good isolation and am pretty much between those 2. Westone's (not their UM line) fit my ears really well but the ltd's peaked my interest.  I did run into a little trouble with fit when I tried the 425's.  Also how is the cable - ok or super thick/annoying on the Shure pair?  I normally run iem's over my ears and down the back of my shirt.  Not sure if anyone has experience with the Jaybird bluebud x or LG Tone? 

I'm open to other suggestions - my main concern is isolation, decent sound without overbearing bass and most importantly that they stay in without having to be readjusted. I'm leaving Sennheiser and PFE off my list as I already have a pair of both and the PFE's do not stay in my ears while working out. I'm using them with either a Sony A865 or iPod nano 6g and these are kind of a gift to myself to help train for my first 1/2 marathon in May.  Thanks in advance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back