Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #2,761 of 5,364
Need to find best large tips for VSONIC GR07 MKII...any suggestions/links????

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #2,763 of 5,364
Hello all!

So I've been looking for on-ear portable headphone, under $150...
Found this AKG K451, but it there is still few review about it
Problem is, it's not avalaible yet in my country, i will have to ask my brother to send/bring it abroad
which mean, no audition, no return

Anyone willing to share it's sound characteristic?
And how does it compare to AKG K450 and K420?

or perhaps someone has other suggestion about on-ear portable headphone under $150?
any input would be appreciated!

thanks in advance :D

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #2,764 of 5,364
I also am seeking guidance. I'm going to college, so I need a portable umamped with same sound sig as DT880 with a bit more bass punch and subbass extension. Needs to look good and be comfortable (no sweating). Hip-hop/Rnb @192kbps.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #2,766 of 5,364
Hey guys. I'm having a bit of trouble deciding between a couple of headphones.
I've been looking at the Logitech ue 4000s and the Klipsch Image x10s. 
I understand that they're two very different headphones, but I would like to hear some opinions on them.
The ue's are currently $100 on the Logitech website, and the Klipsch's are currently $90 on amazon.
I listen to a wide range of genres, but mostly classical, jazz, and rock.
Sorry if it's a stupid question. I'm pretty new to the audio world.
(This is my first post by the way. Looking forward to joining the community!)

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #2,767 of 5,364
My V-moda Vibe II died (second pair) due to issue somewhere along the cable. With both pairs I looked after them, never letting tangles in the wire and keeping them in the pouch etc yet they still managed to get damage and break.  I loved the sound of them though, I liked the bass especially and the noise isolation with comply tips was very good. But I do not want  to pay that much again for IEM's that will last me a year at best.

So what would you guys recommend? 

My requirements are that they have a mic and remote (one button preferable because I do not have an iphone or an android phone). Good bass, I mainly listen to hip-hop and R&B, and a good build quality.  Price range at most around £100, I was looking at the Shure SE215's mainly because of the replaceable cable, though I know getting the cable with the mic will cost a bit.  I was also looking at the Klipsch x10i though their cabling worries me.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #2,768 of 5,364
Quote:
I need some advice regarding a replacement purchase for my Klipsch x10i which I recently lost. I was really satisfied with my x10i but I would like to look around a bit more this time. I have read on the forums and I have went through the big multi review IEM thread. My budget is around $210 (what x10i costs in Sweden).  
I tried out Etymotic HF3 and was strucked of how clear the instruments sounded. I picked up more nuances and details of the instruments and harmonies than I did with the x10i. But the lack of bass makes me consider other choices. Im certainly not a bass head but I would like a richer bass. Ideally would be HF3 with more bass.

I hear good things about the Audeo Phonak stuff, maybe the PFE 112.  Haven't heard them myself but would love too (might do next time I'm in the EU).  Since you're in Sweden, may be easier to get to their stuff. 

Quote:
Are they good without mods?

Ref HA-S500 -> YES!

Quote:
I need a new set of earbuds for use with my Lumia 920. I was using the Klipsch S3 and they were just fine, sound quality-wise. However, the cord resonated extremely loud anytime it moved at all. There was also quite a bit of wind noise that got inside as well. This made walking and listening really awkward. I'd like to spend $50-75 on a nice set of isolating IEMs that have relatively neutral sound. Any recommendations? Mic is a plus.

1. $50-75
  2. IEM
  3. Keep out a fair bit of noise (used near streets)
  4. Decent sound, I'm not extremely picky
  5. Mic is a plus but not necessary

Any suggestions?

Etymotics MC2 or ER7 series is in  your price range and very flat.  Depends on your definition of "neutral" though.  Just be careful not to walk out into traffic. :)

Quote:
If I was looking for an upgrade for the MH1c, what would you recommend?  Price range up to $150. I love the warm sound of the MH1c.
Thanks in advance.

x2 on the XBA-3 or XBA-30

Quote:
So I've been looking for on-ear portable headphone, under $150...
Found this AKG K451, but it there is still few review about it
Problem is, it's not avalaible yet in my country, i will have to ask my brother to send/bring it abroad
which mean, no audition, no return

Anyone willing to share it's sound characteristic?
And how does it compare to AKG K450 and K420?

or perhaps someone has other suggestion about on-ear portable headphone under $150?
any input would be appreciated!

I have the K450.  I read that the K451 actually does fix the rolled off treble, but will believe it when I hear it.  The K450 is nice for $50, but not $150.  It's ultra-portable and has a great case.
Check out the JVC HA-S500.  But if you have $150, then consider the stretch for an HD25-1 ii or Amperior...
Quote:
Hey guys. I'm having a bit of trouble deciding between a couple of headphones.
I've been looking at the Logitech ue 4000s and the Klipsch Image x10s. 
I understand that they're two very different headphones, but I would like to hear some opinions on them.
The ue's are currently $100 on the Logitech website, and the Klipsch's are currently $90 on amazon.
I listen to a wide range of genres, but mostly classical, jazz, and rock.
Sorry if it's a stupid question. I'm pretty new to the audio world.
(This is my first post by the way. Looking forward to joining the community!)

Hi and welcome!
After reading this, I never wanted to touch a x10 ever again:
bigsmile_face.gif

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1TAW34665LUP8

I was not too impressed by the UE4000, especially next to its bigger brother, the UE6000.  Maybe you should have a listen to both and see which one you like better?  The UE4000s are usually on demo at Best Buy or the Apple Store.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #2,769 of 5,364
Hi, a long time on-and-off lurker here, in need of some advice.

For the past 3 years I've been using Brainwavz Beta, the first version (reviewed here) and while I'm still happy with them, I'd like to upgrade a little bit.

I've found out about the Sony MH1C craze recently and while its price has rocketed in the past few months I was still willing to buy a pair, but I came to the conclusion that the flat cable wouldn't be ideal and the J cable would be outright terrible for me.

So I kept searching and Soundmagic E10 looked like a good alternative, but then I found out they might be too bass-focused for my needs. I don't mind a bit of bass but I prefer a "clearer" sound.

I searched further and found out that Brainwavz R1 is on sale at the moment, so I could get a $50 earphone for $35, but I'm not a fan of wearing IEMs over the ear. I've tried it with my Betas, didn't work out for me.

So now I don't know what to look for anymore, but I'm already so hooked on the idea of buying a new pair of IEMs that not buying anything is no longer an option. Damn this site.

My requirements:
  1. I mainly listen to 50s-70s rock, current folk and "indie" music, a bit of electronic
  1. price around $30-40, maybe $50 if the extra money was really worth it
  2. possibility to wear not over the ear
  3. I'd prefer a straight jack to an L-shaped one
  4. microphone (compatible with Windows Phone) would be a plus but not a necessity
  5. availability in Europe

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #2,770 of 5,364
Quote:
Looking for customs or a CIEM system like the JH3A or PP6, no price limit, basically want a "end-all" solution. I don't really know what I'm looking for too so I need advice. Here are some of my past experiences with IEMs and my opinions on the different ones I have tried, hopefully it will give a good insight on what I'm looking for.

In chronological order.

Sony Ericsson IEM: This is before I discovered HeadFi, I felt that as long as something gives me isolation and I can hear sound coming out from it is fine.

UE Super.Fi 5 (before the Logitec takeover): My first real experience with "good sounding" IEMs. What I love about this is the bass slam and the rendering of the individual instruments. The vocals, supporting voices and instruments don't sound mashed up together and I had a feel of 3Dness from these. One thing I like about this is the relatively "V" frequency response, which, IMO, makes a song sound "grander", or more pleasing to the ear with the emphasis of the background instruments.

UM3X: "Upgrading" from the UE SF5, I felt that the "grandness" I felt with the SF5 was weaker with the UM3X, however, imaging and instrument separation are much better than the SF5. I liked the way all the instruments sounded like different instruments instead of 1 sound. But felt that the soundstage could be much improved. One thing I must definitely say here: I LOVE THE VOCALS. No other IEM I have tried, including the customs I shall mention next, can ever, EVER let me love vocals more than UM3X. It's absolutely stunning. I love the fact that the vocals rendered by the UM3X actually triggers emotions instead of me feeling that it is "just another song".

JH13: JH13 was my first dabble into customs, I loved the way the custom isolated noise better than normal IEMs, this is a big factor. SQ wise, I felt that it was a mix between the UE SF5 and UM3X (which I didn't really like). It did very well in all aspects (I'd give 8.5 for everything) but no 10.0 for any individual part. Therefore, the feeling to me was like: The soundstage and imaging are really good, as well as the bass and highs, but.... how I wish the vocals were like the UM3X. Or, the vocals were good.... but I missed the "grandness" of the SF5.

Westone 4R: My current set of IEMs. IMO, it is around the same as the JH13, but maybe slightly different in some aspects. The niggling feeling of everything is so good, but there is no standout aspect is still there. If I give the JH13 an 8.5, I'd give the 4R an 8.0.

Ok, so that's it. Of course, these are all MY OPINION, feel free to disagree with them, I'm not some super seasoned audiophile pro. But I hope this gives an idea of what I would be looking for (because I really don't know myself). I *WISH* there could be something with the vocals of the UM3X, separation and soundstage of the JH13, or even better (IMO the JH13 could still do better in these aspects!!).

Currently I'm looking at JH3A and PP6, not really with JH now because my JH13 was spoilt - I emailed them 3 times and I got no reply. Then I also read about the UERM and the ES5.

Thoughts?

Haha, can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #2,772 of 5,364
Alright. I'm planning on going to Best Buy this weekend, so maybe that'll help me.
I won't get a chance to hear the x10's anywhere unless I buy them, but I do agree that they look somewhat odd...
I'm really going for sound quality and portability in this decision, but I'd like the headphones to look pretty stylish as well.
Do you have any sub $100 headphone recommendations that fit the bill?

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #2,773 of 5,364
Hello. I'm looking into buying some IEM's and I'm not very familiar with what's good and what's bad,in the IEM world at least, so I though I'd come here. I have a budget of about 400 dollars although I can bump it up if it's worth it. Also, I listen to literally every kind of music, jazz to heavy metal. I would like sound leakage and comfort to be the biggest asset to these headphone other than the sound of course. These will be running out of my fiio e11 and iphone 4.  If anyone would take the time to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #2,774 of 5,364
Hey guys, I really like the sound of my XB500 headphones, as I'm a pretty big basshead (sometimes I'll turn everything but the bass down and the bass up just so I can get that in ear massage that sends shivers down your spine), but the thing is, they aren't the best for the gym and I go pretty much every day, so I was looking for some in ear headphones with very similar sound, I have a price range of about 100 dollars give or take a bit.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #2,775 of 5,364
I have been looking to replace my Razer Moray+ headset for a while. They were good, but I feel I can get more out of a pair of IEMs after learning about this site and many other Audiophile sites. After getting a pair of HD598s, I really want a nice pair of IEMs, BUT I need them to have a mic (I added a Antlion to my 598s to get a mic on them). I use the IEMs with my laptop, phones (Nokia Lumia 920 and Nexus4), portable game units, and other devices. I need that Mic for stuff like Mumble, Skype, phone calls, and so on, so I want it to sound good too. I primarily use my 598 with my desktop through a Soundblaster X-Fi go pro (I would like to change this too, i know i can get better. but it needs to handle a mic too. so the Fiio doesn't work.) for gaming and movies, sometimes some music. The IEMs will not be used with an amp or dac.

The IEMs will be used for VOIP, Gaming, Movies, and Music. So pretty much something that can do it all decently at least. I am sure many will be better than the Moray+. Music-wise, I mostly listen to Dance, House, Happy Hardcore, and then a variety or Rock, Pop, and so on. Mostly up-temp with a good beat and bass. Something that can play something like "Darwin - Peak 1.1" extremely well.

After much searching, I found a lot of good things for the Nuforce 700M, Beyerdynamic MMX 101 iE, and VSonic GR06. But each review varies between them. The Sunscape Xcape sounded good, but those were discontinued.

I love good quality Bass, so if anything can do good bass, I would like it, and a nice soundstage would be good too. I have Bose speakers in my Volt, and its amazing how much cleaner the Bass is than my dad's JBL system in his new Benz.

As for price range, i would prefer not to go over 100$, i can go over a bit, but I don't think i can justify anything more.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back